Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year-Part 2

It's almost an hour since I returned from my cousin's place. We sure had lots of fun there! 9-odd hours of celebrations at the Windermere Condo. This morning, waited for cousins to arrive before setting off together. It was past 1pm by then.

Lunch was ready when we arrived. Had a sumptuous buffet, before going off for 2 hours of a hardcore game of billiards together with my cousins and uncle. When we thought we the games room, where the billiard table and other table games were located, was booked from 1pm all the way to 10pm, we were wrong. At around 4:30 pm, someone came in and told us that she had booked the place for two hours from 4pm to 6pm... Out we went, back to the function room for a game of table tennis and some Chinese Chess...

We had wanted to go over to the basketball court, at the basement level, near the carpark. However, it there was a bad thunder storm and I happened to find out that my cousin's basketball had no air. So, other than the KTV room(I don't sing), there was the function room, where there was food and a table tennis "court". As the rain stopped at around 5pm, two of my brothers and two cousins went down for a swim, coming backaround an hour later.


Finally, it was dinner time, at 7pm. The caterer had come to clear the equipment, so there was abit of a rush to place all the food in containers and large plates so that as everyone ate, the caterer could clear their things. Finally, at 8:00 pm, we had full control of the games room again. All the way till 10pm, when the security guard came and told us that the rooms were going to be closed for the day. While helping Clara to bring her rice cooker and thermos flask back to her apartment, I learnt of more things about her CCA. Well, what exactly did she tell me? A long story, I guess.

As I am not a camera-totting youngster, there no photographs here. Even if there are, there would be a new place to view uploaded photographs. Where, wait till I'm done then. Anyway, you might want to check out Caderina's site, for there are a couple of photographs of Clara's estate there...

Anyway, there is going to be another gathering later at 12 noon, although it is not as large scale as today, I can expect lots of humour and fun coming along...
Such large family gatherings are just the best highlights of every year. They just never fail to be placed on the annual calendar...

No comments:

Post a Comment