Saturday, September 15, 2007

Speeding Kills

Yes,it sure does. I got killed mentally by speeding today.

I'll just give brief highlights for the new week of the final term of secondary school life, which is a very unique week in ten years of education.

TERM FOUR WEEK ONE,2007:
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EXAMINATION ORDINARY LEVEL
INTERNAL PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION

Monday
Geography Elective, Science(Chemistry/Biology) practical

Geography, happy to say that I was just three sentences behind time, that's all, and I did complete my map reading section in 50 minutes, which is a bit of an improvement, since I completed that part in 70 minutes during the last Semestral Examination.

To Date, that day's practical sure was the most fascinating of all the practicals I had ever done and attempted in secondary school. First, you could hear frequent shattering of glass. Next, I succeeded in making my reagents explode while heating(cheers)!My third reason, I brought my samples from the Biology experiment home, and gosh,they looked like c*****s, because they had a partially permeable membrane.Sadly, as the samples cannot be kept under normal conditons for too long, I had to dispose of them three days later.


Tuesday
Social Studies, Science(Biology) Paper 4

Social Studies wasn't that of a killer, except that I was just one sentence away from finishing the whole paper. Nevermind, it's just two marks, not that bad.

Biology.My favourite subject, and currently I found a new way to study for this subject:usage of photographic memory(it's not powerful enough for me to memorise the whole book this way). With that, I save time memorising the drawings and diagrams.

Wednesday
Elementary Mathematics Paper 1,Physics Papers 1 and 2.

Today's a killer, with 5 hours and 15 minutes of examination time spent in the hall in three sittings.Don't have much to say for Mathematics, except that If I was more composed during the paper(including all Mathematics papers), it would be a definite distinction.I have the knowledge, but somehow I need some sort of a stimulant in my mind to get them out normally.Anyway, things were a little funny today, with those taking the Physics paper 1 finishing 15 minutes before the Science(Physics) candidates. However, there was a sawp of the tables when the Physics candidates returned intot he examintion hall. As soon as the thirteen of us started off on our 1hour 45 minute paper, there were tremors. The Science(Physics) candidates were vacating the hall!Ok, I dont really mind thier noises, but it was the vibrations(my table was literally shaking) that dirupted my chain of thoughts for the claculations and explainations.

Physics was like a beach, where the seabed gets deeper as you travel further offshore.That's how most of us felt about paper 1. I manage to clinch a B3 for this one(yea~ from a borderline pass to an average score) at 26/40. Next, the Physics paper 2 was the exact opposite of our Semestral Assessment 1 for this year. Instead of tough explainations, today's paper had all sorts of funny figures(and I mean figures) for the workings and equations. Hope I will do better than last time.

Thursday
Elementary Mathematics Paper 2, Science(Chemistry) Paper 2

These papers did not prove to be much of a hassle, so I did the papers quite normally.Till now, I'm still wondering how I managed to do the questions in the Mathematics paper.

Friday
Science(Chemistry/Biology)Paper 1,Additional Mathematics Paper 1

Yes!I broke my record for the Science paper. 15 minutes for the Chemistry questions, and 5 minutes for the Biology questions(guess I aced it). Frankly,I did not believe that I could finish the 20 Biology questions within 5 minutes(normally I took at least 10 minutes).

Alright, on to the paper that sort of got me devastated today. I paid the most attention to this paper, and for this day as well. Anyway, it was this particular question on functions that indirctly killed me. Not to forget, I fumbled again, thanks to the many careless mistakes that surfaced again. Yea, took the precautions and all, but still, i got more or less the same results.Nevermind. With just thirty minutes left, I rushed through the last four questions of the paper. I was certain that I did not care less about getting the right answers. But heck, as long as I got the method marks, I'll not fail,ya?So, there you go, I finished with one small unfinished portion of the paper. After that, I was emptionally empty, after putting in all that effort only to get anohter failing grade. So, straight home it would be. Maybe next week I'll head out for an hour or so to relief myself?Next week, for the second paper, I will not commit the same mistake that I had been commiting since the Semestral Assessment One.Never.

Highlights of next week:

TERM FOUR WEEK TWO,2007:
GENERAL CERTIFICATE OF EXAMINATION ORDINARY LEVEL
INTERNAL PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION

Second Birthday of my blog~

Checking of Papers

It's getting nearer,I can feel it, but let's just hold out a little longer. Feeling like breaking down this moment,especially after another great fall at the second attempt.But hey,we're almost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment