Friday, September 07, 2007

Trials

THE school holidays has finally hit the last weekday. Puting many things aside, seems like many events unfold during this one week of intense revision period and other things.

First, Monday was sort of like off to school for a course. Polytechnic life, the student is free to come and go as and when he or she wants to go. I came just to experience polytechnic life as well as to gain new insight into a course that I had never heard of(that's what made this trip interesting).Singapore Polytechnic that was, and I went with Randall and Attiqah on board course H(I think it's more to design). There were practically no examinations for the 4 Diploma courses offered here, though there is one, which is like an audition. Not to forget,heading out to Jurong Entertainment Centre with Chong Siang,Suzane and Wei Fan for dinner, before setting my eyes on two more ptential models(the Eternal and the Minerva from the gundam seed series,an anime)

This week seemed to be an odd-numbered-day orientated one, since the major events occured only on Monday,Wednesday and of course,today.Tuesday,nothing, just some intense Mathematics,Humanities and Science revision,same for Thursday.

Wednesday. This day shall be ranked number two in the things that passed time most quickly.
Went back to school to ask Mr Liew some questions on Mathematics, as well as did Social Studies and Physics revision in school. There were only eight of us there,Andy,Gabriel,Fong Yong,Banu,Carina,Jun Jie,Steven and I that morning, although someone said that most of the class,if not, the whole class was coming.Since I did not have many questions to ask, I practically did more questions which were challenging all the way till 12 plus in the afternoon. By the way,we started at 9.30 that morning. Went for lunch near the school, and found out that Mr Liew sure deserved the Most Energetic Teacher Award during the Teachers' Day Celebrations. We talked about almost anything while waiting for me to finish my noodles(extra spicy,should have resisted the temptation).Come to think of it, you don't have to spend six or even nine hours a day on revision, since all you need is to understand and remember what you had revised for that day. Surprisingly,I completed my revision for the day within five hours.Wow.

Alright,now on to today. I tried this out for today exclusively,but not for the fun of doing it though. First, play some computer games shortly after you awake early(and I mean early) at around 4am perhaps? After that, grab a textbook and some notes(especially for science) and just do the memorising. You will find that you can actually remember most of the facts very quickly. However, don't try it for mathematics, in the sense that you do a full mathematics paper(I practically failed as I did it half awake). It was almost 6am when I did that. After that, get some sleep before you start revision again at 10am. Now that's really extreme.Sadly, Dad found out about it(maybe becasue I forgot to keep the notes after finishing the revision?) and got away with advice(I don'thave to use it at all). And as for the reward, I could head out again on another lone trip to Suntec City for the Cyber Games Convention.I din't go,unfortunately. First it was going to rain, next,my mother told me there would be more chances of going out with friends after the examinations, so why bother to go there alone for now?I prefer to visit exhibitions alone,especially when there's a crowd there(no need to worry about losing sight of friends and family and you tend to squeeze through the crowds more easily). Nevermind, one hour might not be enough for this, so, why not go again with my whole family tomorrow,when things would be more fun with them around.I had planned to go at 3.30pm, but I calculated that I would not have enough time to complete walking around the whole thing in one hour,since you could play some computer games there as well,since I had to be back by 6 for dinner and more revision.

Anyway,this holiday sure has been a fruitful one for me,given the circumstances that I was ale to experience both the bright and dark sides of polytechnic and junior college life before I made my final decision(confirmation and determination of where to go) this week.So,three more days it is to the prelims, wishing all taking examinations all the best as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment