This year did not start off quite well, perhaps it was due to the transition from a secondary school to an instituion of a higher level,which is MI.MI stands for Millenia Institute,but it is not your average Institute of Technical Education.In fact, MI is just like any other JCs in Singapore, just that,instead of the usual one year and three months,an average MI student takes two years and three months before he or she is ready for the General Certificate of Examination Advanced Level examinations.
Anyway, I got posted there as a Provisional Admission Exercise(PAE) applicant. My clan was Neutron(kinda like the most slacked clan in the whole orientation), group 4. Well, made some friends there, and found out that majority of us were posted as science students.I was eventually posted to the class 08S6,the class that will be taking the combination of Biology,Chemistry and Mathematics.No H1 subjects were offered due to the short period of time, and as a result, we were dismissed daily at 1.25pm daily, and 12.45pm on fridays. As for the starting time of school, it starts at 9am on Mondays, and 8am on other days.
Friends wise, they're a great bunch, and I must say, our bond gets stronger with every passing day.So, whenever possible, we always chip in anyway we can, even though the time we will spend together will be a short one.
Anyway... back to yesterday,the first ever barbeque party organised for the class.I'll make it a short one.We missed the busstop, and walked a little further towards the pit. I made a run for the van parked outside Road Safety Park. The caterer, though he waited for over 40 minutes, he was still very modest and helpful, I really appreciated his patience during that time under such weather.Kudos to him and BBQ House! The rain was overpowering our morale, but although we did not manage to cook everything, but like what Lynne has said "Though today the weather was not favourable,but we sure had a great time going through all the rain".
Ok, on to Miss Lim's house warming at her new temporary home this evening. We all met at Boon Lay MRT station, and made our way there once everyone had arrived.There was a buffet waiting for us upon arrival, and guess wat, there were not many guests when we arrived.But, as we ate and chatted, more arrived. I had a whale of a time there, and hopefully, the others did too.So at about 9.30pm,everyone left for home, while Randall and I went to buy some personal items...
Though we had only known each other for two months, why do I find myself drifting further and further away from the place I once called home during the last 4 years...why is that? Was it because of the new bonds, or is it because life goes on?
No comments:
Post a Comment