Today was the first time I studied so damn hard for a test this year. I studied from 9pm yesterday, till 3am this morning, and went to take a nap till 9am. School was easy going today, especially for the lessons and practical before the lunch break. Today was also the last day of the POLY experience for secondary school students, but, it was also the day of an examination for the computer programming module. Was expecting it to be extremely easy today, as the lecturer had reassued us it was going to be easy for us to handle. The practical for Mechanics was the same as the previous one, and today, it was also the last practical for our class. So, everything went really smoothly this time round, and because of that, I'm already looking forward to the new semester, where there will be more practicals.
After that, we went off to the library to study after lunch, and then back to class for more lessons. This time, I forgot to sign my attendance for the tutorial class. Damn. Well, perhaps being assumed absent just once for class would not hurt yea? After that, we went for Electrical Technology class. There were more things to remember, and this time, and I was dosing off in class, again. Anyways, I managed to note down everything taught in class today so that revision will be alot easier tomorrow. Today we were also released early as the people who took the retest could have their question papers returned to them.
So, we headed to the library, once again, to revise for the programming test. At 5.40pm, we went to the examination hall. The hall was on the eighth floor of block 53. I never knew that there could be such a large room on the eighth floor of that block. The papers were distributed at 6pm, and all hell broke loose. The paper was way difficult than expected. The first question, told to us by our lecturer, was really easy, so I should be getting the full 45 marks for that. As for the second, I knew almost everything except for the last part, so I should be getting around 25 to 30 out of 35 for that question. Finally, the third. That was truly a killer. With an estimated 50 lines of codes, with the total obtainable marks for that question capped at 25, who would even bother attempting that question? At least, that was the thought of some of the candidates who left the hall early after finishing the first two questions of the paper, while leaving the third question totally blank, without much trace of an attempt on the question. And I wonder, would you even do a survey on behalf of 50 people, and to make things worse, on a program that only the command prompt on the computer can decipher and tabulate on your behalf? I know that I won't waste my time on such things. Well, but, since it was just to test our proficiency on the codes and sequences, I must admit that, that question was very original. It seems that, although I put in lots of effort for the revision, it seemed that all I revised was not enough. So, for that test today, I should be able to secure between 65 to 70 marks for the test.
i have finally decided, that, for the rest of the term, I should become a little more lifeless, so that I can acheive the aim of getting 4.0 for the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment