Sunday, March 22, 2009

NJC-NP Joint Community Service Project to Dumaguete City, Philippines

This is just a prelude to a 7 to 10 part series of the days I spent on a Community Service Project organised by National Junior College and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I'll briefly review the main things that happened during the trip in this post. The remaining posts would cover the daily breakdown of events and stuff, followed with the pictures.

Very early on the morning of Friday, 13th March 2009, woke up at 4.30am(nearly went back to sleep thinking there was one day before the actual trip), did some final baggage checks, changed, had breakfast and left. Travelled to Dumaguete City. That's Day 1.

Next day we had a Games Day at the school on the hill(forgot the school name, but I'll check it up before the next post is up). Went shopping later in the evening.

Third Day. Beach in the morning, Dump site in the afternoon, Team NP expedition shortly after that.

Day four. The day EVEYTHING really started and got into place. Walked to school, got to know three handsome boys. Planned for the next day in the evening, not to forget the campfire!

5th Day. Most memorable day of the trip. The very first time things went very smoothly. Life's full of surprises! Had a mini Cultural Night concert at the centre.

Second last day of the trip. The flame started dying. That might be the last time I got to see my three 'sons', but looking back to the past, I know that somehow, we will definitely meet again. Had the grandest dinner, with the best closing ceremony I had ever attended and was part of. Saw the first shooting star in my life(let's just say, I would know whether the wish would come true only during our post trip meeting cum gathering).

Last Day. Sadness engulfed us.not many people slept the night before, so it was a peaceful, silent journey filled with some reluctance to head home. Everyone landed safely at Terminal 2,Singapore Changi International Airport on an A320-200.

The trip may have ended, but I believe that the real challenge has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment