Monday it was just some simple revision, with the sole intention of catching up for Mathematics, and I left out the 3 reports, which are due over the next 2 weeks. Tuesday was more or less the same, except I was preparing for a different module. Wednesday, was when I finally started on a design report, whose first draft is due come Wednesday. Progress was slow, considering the fact it was akin to a squirrel waking from a 100-day hibernation. Thursday. The first eye opener. It was talk after talk from 12pm till 5pm. In between I went to a few booths to find out more about how I could further my education after graduation. Friday, the mad rush to get things done finally began. Once it started, there was no turning back. Saturday, came another wake up call. This time, it was really bad. Looking at the guide, my options were severely limited, thanks to the effort I put in toward the end of 2010. Now, I had to give it everything I could, to finish it well. I went to the Suntec Convention Centre, where the Nanyang Technological University was holding talks for Polytechnic students. I found my calling in 2 disciplines, but I'll leave it to fate to decide which I would be accepted into, but more importantly, if I would be offered a place to study. Today, was a miracle. I completed in 2 hours, a segment of the report that used to take me 3 days to complete a year ago. In the evening, I completed another segment in 30minutes, of which the similar process would have taken me 2 hours if I were to do it a year back.
On Thursday, a senior I have known for three years, would be going to Australia to further his studies, very soon. Everyone around me is getting better. I'm no exception. Everyone's moving forward. Some are faster, some are slower. No one is getting left behind. I should follow the tide, using it as a guide to my next destination. Meanwhile, I have got a fight to finish, to complete the course with the last colourful set of results, to prove that I have indeed done my very best, and have no regrets as to what may come after that.
The past few days have been tough, but things would only get tougher, as February and March approaches. Come March, I will ride the waves of a tsunami, conquering vast parcels of land that once mocked my weak, humble body that could only go where the waters went. I shall prove to them, I might have been the wreckage of a ship, but once ashore, I become the foundation, the pillar, of a new development.
No comments:
Post a Comment