Nothing interesting happened so far except for that, and although there was another incident yesterday, well, it might not be good to include that in here...Now, allow me to take you back to the annual NAPFA Test of Yuan Ching Secondary held on Thursday, 19th April,2007.
3pm. Everyone gathered in the hall for a short briefing. Andy sure was a little satisfied, since this was the first time 30 or so Chinese Dance members were relocated out of the hall for the sake of 9 classes of secondary four and five students. But since Randall was telling me some facts of the sharinean guild quest(MapleSEA), I thought of typing a walkthrough of the NAPFA test in the same format.We had entered the hall after taking our attendence(registration).Anyway, we were given our Station(stage) order after that, and the first was the standing board jump.A test of the classmates' leg strength and jump distance(haste, scrolled for jump equipment and teleport strictly not allowed).There were 18 boys today, as 4 were down for intensive practice for SYF. I made my attempt, with my final score at 226(second attempt).
Second stage:Sit and Reach. A test of the classmates' flexibility.Here, one must sit on a board with a metre that has a metal slide in front of him, while he is supported on the back by another board and a belt preventing him from bending his knees. I wasalways the last to attempt, so I could have gotten the upper hand. I think that I had gotten the highest for the class, at 50cm. CLEAR! We move on to the next stage.
Stage 3: Pull Ups. A test of the classmates' arm strength.Here, one must hang on a 2-metre high pole before lifting himslef up to the rod, thus having only his chin above it. Once done, it is counted as one, and he must get down again, straightening his elbows before going on the next attemptand so on. For this, the top scorers are Andy, at 11 pull ups,Kamal at 9 pull ups and the others who did 5 and got a "C" grade. Many classmates "died" at this stage.CLEAR! We moved on to the next stage.If I was not wrong, this was a "boss" stage, but since it was not the second last stage, it think it cannot be considered to be one.
Stage 4:Shuttle Run. A test of the classmates' agility(Haste and scrolled for speed equipment strictly not allowed). kamal broke the record of another class by hitting 9.78 seconds on the clock. I got another "D"grade by clocking 10.77 seconds. CLEAR! We moved on to the next station.
Height and Weight. A checklist of the classmates' height and mass. Well, this is simply to kill time, and also to restock a little on our lost liquid intake. Well, it was certainly a joke to have my height read as 136.5cm(humilating, eh?).Ont he second attempt again, it seemed better, but I think I had shrunk by a centimeter, from 170 to 169.No CLEAR, as it was more like a transition than a stage.We simply moved on to the next stage.
Stage 5:Boss stage for class 4E1, boys' group. Sit-ups. A test of the classmates' endurance and stomach strength(if that is what they call it). This one'sa though one. No one got killed here, though it was the most tiring after the pull up station. I did 41, and Randall did 43. Just one more, and I could have gotten an "A" grade! CLEAR! We moved on to the Bonus stage.
BONUS Stage: classmates get to re-attempt any one station he did not do so well in. Randall and I returned to the first stage, the standing board jump station, and we got slightlymore satisfying results.
Caualty count(injuries): 3. Gabriel who experienced a bit of thoigh preoblems before his attempt at the standing board jump station, Andy who crammed his left leg at the sit-up station and me, for a crammed thigh at the sit and reach station.
Casualty count(failed attempts of classmates): i did not pay so much attention for this, although I know that about less than 10 failed their pull ups.
First aider(Cleric): Me,of course... :P
I'm finally out of the bronze barrier after 7 years,but a silver's not good enough for me...
No comments:
Post a Comment