This might seem a little outdated, but i have just only found time to write about it tonight. Anyway, I woke up at 4am in the morning to catch up with my maplesea account...Strange eh? I would not have anymore time for that once it hits daybreak. For your information, I am a ludibrium-based level 44 cleric in the world of Delphinus of MapleSEA. My IGN is RY91D. Soon, I will be creating a new character. Anyway, back to topic. Ended at 6.30 to prepare for the Flag Day. I reached Jurong Point at 8am, as it was the reporting time. The people from SPCA came late, at around 8.25am. Andy,Randall and I formed a team, collected our can and flags(not stickers) and headed out to on our quest to "beg" for donations.
First stage, Jurong East MRT Station. As we travelled by MRT, we were among the first to arrive. Weselected the first spot, the traffic crossing. It was extremely fast, though, within less than an hour out of the 2hours and 30 minutes allocated to us, Randall had already completed our first page of flags! However, as time passed, so did more groups pass by. Time to change our collecting location.
Next stop, Jurong West Market. We headed back to Lakeside MRT STation, rehydrated ourselves before heading there by bus 187. Sadly, we hardly sold more than 10 flags there. 3 groups of 2 had already taken that spot. So we moved on to the third stage at our final location, Ghim Moh Shopping Centre. We rehydrated ourselves again before taking bus 99.On the way there, guess what? Yong Chuan(pardon my spelling),together with a few others was playing basketball at a nearby basketball court!Wow!There they were,slacking away while having a job to do. Think about this, someone having 2hours and 30 minutes added into his CIP hour bank for playing basketball??? Anyways,back to the scene.Andy did a little while outside the shopping centre. By then, our can was already three quarters full. I took over after that, and completed our 100th flag before going off for a lunch break at 11am. We went back at 11.35pm to fill the last quarter. I managed to get out of my shell this time, ask anyone who came our way to collect a coin or two.There were kind ones, morale boosters and also, those who would not like to make a donation or they had already made one. That, was in fact the hard reality of society.
12.10pm, I sold the 150th flag that filled our can to the brim(RECORD BROKEN!!!) 5minutes before time. We took a bus straight back to the end point, Jurong Point Shopping Centre. We were praised by the collectors at the collection point, for achieving a grest collection that filled the can. That day was the second time this year that I participated in a flag day. The last time was two weeks ago when St John Ambulance Brigade had one, but I did not have to "beg", as I had Mathematics remedial that day. Now, what comes after each party quest in MapleSEA is completed? The BONUS Stage, of course! We got a certificate of participation and a bottle of water for the hard work.
I headed back to Jurong East after that to buy some paint and brushes for my model set, which is already nearing its completion, due at the end of term 2. Headed home for lunch and to get ready for tuition at 2.30pm(that's why I could not make it to the school's Chinese Dance troupe's full-dress reharsal at 3.30pm)...Tuition ended at 4.30pm, and I prepared for the next one at 6.15pm, at Bukit Panjang... Finally, at dusk, I reached home at 7.30pm,had my dinner, completed somerevision before participating in Azure Sanctum(my MapleSEA guild)'s next attempt at the new Sharinean Guild Contest and guild quest...
For now, maybe its back to a little more training before i reach level 50 and help the guild once again...
No comments:
Post a Comment