Thursday, March 29, 2007

Annunal Sports Meet 2007

Today was possibly the last time I attended Yuan Ching's annual sports meet. Woke up at 5:30am(15 minutes earlier than usual) to pack some essential items before leaving for Clementi stadium at 6:15.As expected, reached Clementi MRT station at 6:24am and the first person I saw was Alex. Stayed with him for a moment before heading off for the stadium(had to reach there before7).

Once there, there were members of the public jogging, walking and exercising at the stadium. So far, as much as I could see, Andy and Fong Yong were the only ones there at the time...Went to meet up with the other St John members, before having our briefing for the day. Joined the class for National Anthem and pledgetaking before reporting for the first aid staton on the other side of thefield with Xiu Wei and Brendon... We had a little "party" there, with snacks and drinks, since we were expecting the least casualties to appear at that area(only track events that consist of distances over 400 metres were our area of concern). However, we still had to liase with the other three stations as they were running out of certain equipment before the first hour after the first event started.

10am, went back to class. Well, this is the first time in four years that I actually joined the class for the annual sports meet.After that, went to meet up with Andy to take a walk around the grand stand...A stormarrived at 11:34am, causing the last few events to be cancelled, and of course, the finale of the meet was pushed forward...There was cheering at last, comingfrom the secondary four area, which had been almost quiet since the start of the day...Really had fun back there.

Went with some of the boys to Jurong Entertainment Centre after we were dissmissed for lunch,before heading home earlier than expected.I had wanted to go watch Mr Bean's Holiday with them, but I was going to watch it with Andy and Randall on Saturday anyway...

Sometimes,being physically lonely does not always mean that one is emotionally and mentally lonely...

No comments:

Post a Comment