Thursday, March 22, 2007

Closing in

The start of the new term marks another step closer to the examinations. however, there is still time(except for one) to make improvements...

This time, I will simply be doing a short summary of the things done since the start of the holiday...till today.

Monday:
Biology remedial. Late start and late end with little being learnt defeated the purpose of the lesson. Went home and did more revision after that. However, little did I expect a calm after the storm, when Clara invited my brother over to her place to do his job week(He's a scout), whereby we enjoyed an ice-cream treat before and after the job was well done.Her parents sort of brought us out for dinner on our way back home.

Tuesday:
Today was a little more interesting. Mathematics remedial in school.Although I was late, still managed to catch up with all that was learnt since that morning only yesterday. After lesson, went home, more revision(that's the best time to do my revision, for once the school starts, there might not even be a decent time for proper revision).

Friday: Only tuition...

Saturday:
Went for a friendly match against Cazua's friends at the field near Commonwealth MRT station. We were trashed 13:2 with weak defences and attack strategies. However, I managed to learn one thing about my capabilities for the 2000 m fartlek relay held during the Sports heats on Tuesday. After that, we washed up and headed to Jurong Entertain Centre for lunch. After lunch, Darren and I went to a model shop to take a look at the models there(offer on going).I saw something I liked, and returned that evening after tuition to purchase it. What was it? Maybe I'll release it at a later date.im done with the fixing phase already. Now there is just the painting phase to be done.

Start of Term 2

Monday:Other than the fun activities during drama, I dont seem to remember anything else...

Tuesday:
This was what I found out on Saturday's trail run on Saturday.I had only 1 good chance of sprinting successfully, and that has got to be appropriately timed, for a blunder could bring disaster to both the team and myself(during the trial run, I was on the verge of collasping). To make things worse, I could only sprint for 300m during the last lap after cruising on my first lap and another option which was also very risky, was to sprint the moment I received the baton, for that way, I could complete the first 600 metres at top speed should I be in top form on that day, however, I will not be able to run normally after that, as I would have exhausted all my energy on the early sprint. When it was my turn finally for the relay, I took the second option, which really turned out as I had expected, since I had only looked at the short term goal for that part of the race, which was to gain back the first place and maintain speed(which I would most probably fail to do so). The disaster occured when I found myself only able to sprint to second place for the first 500 metres before losing all that energy to last me the next 300 metres. When almost all others passed me, I made that lethal gamble: To make that second sprint to finish in 4th, but I will most probably faint upon reaching the finish line. I did that, but on the last 50 metres, I found myself starting to lose my sight, causing me to crash into Clement. By right I should be slowing down, but for unknown reasons, I was going a little faster, only to lose out to him at the finish line. After that was when I made a successful attempt to get back to my friends. Although we lost, I know for sure that I had put in more than 100% into that final leg of the qualifying round.Bad news was, my legs were in terrible shape after I reached home at 8:20pm, with a really bad muscle ache and temporary paralysis.


Thursday:
Today during PE, Though my legs had recovered quite a bit, they were not really in the best condition for a long distance run. Surprisingly, I could run without stopping for 2.4kilometers and still complete the run within the time limit! I had expected myelf to fail terribly...
Had Geography remedial till 4pm, before going back to the classroom to do some bio revision for the test tomorrow. Reached home, had second session of tuition with cousin before doing this now...

Anyway, tomorrow's going to be another tough day with a test, a course, CCA and tuition...


Though there was hardly a chance to relax, those good times would still arrive, sooner or later...

No comments:

Post a Comment