Thursday, May 10, 2007

Elites???

Yuan Ching Secondary School,Semestral Examination,Day 4,Thursday,10th May 2007,Secondary 4,Express Stream,English Language Paper 2, Physics papers 1 and 2.

Reached school at 7am to meet Andy, Steven and Jun Jie. Revised Physics notes, formulae and concepts 4 hours before the examination began. Summarised version of today:

English paper started at 9am as school starts late on Thursdays. It was considered to be an esay passage together with practically simple-to-answer questions. I am confident of getting near,if not, hitting distintion this time round.Sadly, although the paper ended really early at 10:40am, the 13 of us had to stay on for 2 papers which started at 11:25am.

Headed to the canten, watched the "unpure" people heading out of the school gate one by one. the boys gathered at the canteen, stocking up on our mental fuel. We struggled through the final moments of memorising to ensure nothing was left out during the crucial two-and-a-half hour papers.

11am. The whole hall was empty, leaving only the pure and the "elites"(Randall and I thought of that name for the thirteen of us) to dominate the whole area. During paper 1, we were seated wrongly, as if free-seating was allocated for the paper(damn it, should have taken the table all the way at the ohter side of the hall). Anyway, an hour later at 12.23pm when the first paper ended, we were rearranged in the correct order this time round(luckily, still no air-con spot). We agreed that this time round the multiple choice questions were very straight forwars and easy to answer. Fortunately, there was a ten-minute transition period before the next paper started at 12.34pm. I headed for the washroom first,since I had a stomache during the first paper, but luckily,it did not cost me much of my concentration. The paper started,and I was perspiring like anything in the hall. Who had turned down the temperature of the air-conditioners?I did not care, just keep the jacket on(who would want to waste time on trivial matters?). I lost concentration at the start, due to that problem, causing me to "donate" a couple of marks to the marker. Anyway, the rest of the paer went on quite smoothly, and I managed to finish it 10 minutes before time-out. After that,left for home immediately at 2.19pm...

imagine us on the actual "O" Level examination, The Elite Sanctum having their Pure Physics paper in the hall, taking up only 13 places and leaving the rest of the seats empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment