Friday, November 16, 2007

Graduation Nite 2007

Yesterday was the Graduation Nite for the secondary 4Es and 5Ns.At around 4.20pm, met up with Pang Yong,Attiqah,Yew Chong and Andy(they sure looked smart in their clothes) at the Bukit Batok MRT station,before taking them to the Civil Service Club where the event was to be held later that night. At the entrance,we waited for a short moment before a redcar arrived.Fong Yong and Siang Lin stepped out from the car.Wow, she sure looked pretty. Fong Yong had not changed into his attire yet(me too).

Shortly after, more girls arrived, and they sure looked more pretty than they were back in school! Then soon came the 4E2 people. The guys looked cool in their sunglasses and their outfits, and the girls like Xiu Wei were almost not recognisible!Anyway, at the Crystal Ballroom, we were taken in awe by the size of the ballroom, which was the largest in the club. Liked the stage lights the most. Everyone was busy taking photographs,4E1 included, and the rehearsals for our class performance had to be postponed till around 5.30pm. We took our attendence,lucky draw numbers and were told our tables. Andy,Darren,Damien,Edward,Zhong Rong,Lilin,Fong Yong,Dominic,Randall and I were seated at Table 10. At around 7.30pm, two hours later, did the MCs,Darren,Yew Chong(Jack Sparrow),Mdm Azlinah and Mr Fadzel take centre stage. They sure added lots of colour to the atmosphere that night! They started the night with a short speech by Mr Chia,followed by the first table game, whereby half of the people in the ballroom had to read a short sentence and draw a short comic strip about the sentence, with the second half of the people in the ballroom using the drawn pictures to write out their definition of the comic strip.

Next was the first performance by 4E2.Really liked it. After that, there was the Lucky Draw, before the next class,4E3,performed for everyone. Enjoyed the two songs they sang, and then it was on to the next table game,which was something like a treasure hunt.

Following was the next lucky draw and another table game. This one would be very well known by some of our friends. We had to guess which childhod photograph belonged to which teacher, and some of the answers were very funny too! Next up was a performance by Damien and Sean with their Duet song.Andy gave his last farewell speech for the school, which I think was the shortest speech he had ever gave to the school. 5N2 also had a sing along session, and after that it was none other than our very own class,4E1!I will never forget the performance given by our class.I really enjoyed this segment the most! 4E1! You guys are the best people I had been with over the last 4 YEARS of secondary school life!After that was a touching video by Damien(will upload it tomorrow),and I really liked it!It was definitely better than the one showed on Teachers' Day.Seems like our class had many mini self-organised events during our time-slot for the peformance yar. Sadly,although Miss Lim was not there to watch our performance, she would be watching it on video next Saturday during the class gathering at Zhong Rong's place. Hoped Mr Liew enjoyed it too, for we love Mr Liew too!

There was another video, this time by the teachers to the students, followed by one from the students to the teachers. Really touched by some of the comments by the teachers and the students.The best dressed awards came up next, before the whole Graduation Nite was rounded up by class photograph taking sessions and many other small-scale photograph taking sessions at about 10.30pm.

After that, many might not know of it, but an hour later, when most of the teachers and students had gone home, I made a confesson to her(should I say her name?), ya. Appreciated the help some friends gave me during the short moment.Anyway, here's a short statement I said,"You know, I had really liked you for 3 years." Her reply? Well, it's a long story, with the result being a rejection. Well, come to think of it, I think that the act was worth it, for it should me that my confidence had really grown many times greater than it was 4 ears ago, when I did not even dare to talk to anyone,not even to a close friend. Though the result was painful, I guess, some things have to be learnt and realised the hard way, yar,for that has always been my way of learning things.Well, it was 10 minutes to midnight when everyone vacated the ballroom.Everyone took taxis home, but for me,being one who prefers walking alone,yea, you guessed it, I walked home, arriving at my doorstep at 12.08am this morning. Right now, I feel sort of empty, since last night would be the very last time we were united together for a performance.I will miss those days, but I will not forget those memories we all shared together.
By the way,photographs will be uploaded tomorrow...



The time has come, we all enjoyed ourselves, and that was all that mattered. Although that might be the last time we saw each other, I know that there would be times where we all could bt reunited again, as a class.As I feel the pieces of 4E1 drifting apart, I know that we will see each other again someday in the future...

4E1, may our precious memories always stay in our hearts!All the best to everyone in whichever route you might take in your life stories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment