Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So I Guess This Is Good Bye

I had planned to return to blogging in about a weeks' time, but, I guess this has to come now, or I would lose the feelings to "pen" this down.



Tuesday,6 November 2007



Immediately after our second last paper of the O levels, we headed straight for a classroom on the first floor of the admin block. Mr Liew siad that earlier this morning, he had something to tell the class. Those at the study corner had the thought that he was going to give us some insight on the JC and Polytechnic syllabus or something similar, on Mathematics. But we were wrong. We were about to be given the worst news in our 4 years of secondary school life in Yuan Ching.



At first, he went about his normal lines, encouraging us to look ahead and go in the direction that appealed to us most.Anyway, to make a long story short, our(my would seem a little selfish in my perspective) form teacher of two years,but for most of us, have had her as a form teacher for three years, has left the school two weeks ago. As she did not want to cause us much alarm, she only told us about it today. That's her love for us, her dear 4E1(2007) students.



It sure did brought much shock and speculation to the class. I even had the thought that Lian Yun was joking when he said that Ms Lim had left the school. Imagine that, FOUR YEARS. All those sweet and bitter memories that we shared as a class, secondary 1E1, 3E1and 4E1. Imagine, all these years,we grew,suffered,laughed, learnt and cried together. No where else can we ever go through all those great times together once again. I admired her strength to be able to go all out with us, to shower the 44 of us with love,care and concern. Even till now, I still can't find the right words to express all the things she did for us...



Anyway, dear 4E1, indeed, like what Mr Liew said, we should be happy for her, since she has moved on, to write a new chapter in her life story.Well, I would like to say this. Ms Lim, I would support you all the way,though you never told us your reason for leaving, I hope that you would enjoy your time at your new workplace.

By the way, this is a quote from Andy's blog:

"But nevertheless, Miss Lim is now teaching in an International School and really hope to see her again in our Graduation Nite.... I really miss Miss Lim... Miss Lim, Thanks for everything you have done for 4E1 in the past 2 years. We(4E1) enjoyed our memorable journey together with you and hope u too have enjoyed the journey with us. Really wanna thank you very very much. Will always remember you... *SOB*"

I wuite like the way this is said, since that is the way most of us feel right now.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the middle of a dark and cold room,
there was a candle.
It gave its surroundings a guiding light,
It gave its surrounds reassuring warmth,
It showed its surroundings its power to burn.



In the shadows,
there was the flame's light.
It gave its users strength,
It gave them the courage,
It showed them their respective paths in life.


In the freezing darkness,
there was the flame's warmth.
It gave its users hope,
It gave them the love and care they needed,
It showed them what other better opportunities fate had in line for them.

This is a poem specially penned out for Ms Lim, guess you would know what the flame and the users represent.It's quite obvious, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment