Friday, September 26, 2008

On Vacation'08-Part 5

Hi again, welcome to the fifth part of the series. This week was very lively and exciting, especially closer to the weekend.

Monday to Wednesday, I was totally slacked, as on these three days, I woke miserably late at 11am, so I was unable to do some head start in Engineering Math for the whole week. I went for a run again each evening, and I finally got rid of my personal best of 20 minutes for 5 kilometres on Wednesday. By the way, I did not exclude the waiting times at the traffic light junction. On Monday, it was 20 minutes, 19 on Tuesday and 17 on Wednesday.

Thursday, was an outing with friends I think? We went ice skating for three full hours, from 2 to 5. Everything started off quite well but slowly. In all, there were 12 of us; Jian Hui, Jun Jie, Janna, Amanda, Peter, Zhi Jie and his friend, Ya Hui(did I spell correctly?)and her friend(both are Jian Hui's and Jun Jie's friends) and Cheng Yun(Janna's secondary school friend).There was a snake line along the corners, as the majority of us were first timers at ice skating. Somehow the skills came to me, and within 20 minutes, I no longer needed the barriers for support. I lapped the others quite a number of times, until 30 minutes into the skating, I received my first and largest blister on the left heel, greatly reducing my momentum. Anyway, after that, I somehow managed to gain more injuries along the way. At 5pm, we went off for dinner, before getting some ice cream and going to the arcade to kill time. 9pm, Janna had to go after Cheng Yun's twin, Cheng Wen came to meet us. Janna did say they were twins, but I thought they were more of sisters. 9.20pm, we all left for home. Though it was enjoyable, I did not really like the day(some personal dislikes of mine). i reached home discovering that my injuries were more serious than I had expected. 4 blisters(new record) and 3 sores.

Friday, which is today, was almost like a day spent in bed. My legs hurt terribly, worse than the aftermath of the 42-kilometre cycling event earlier this year. I can't walk or climb the stairs properly. So, I only left the room only when there was a definite need to do something. Guess I'll have to wait another 3 to 5 days before I can go for a run again. Damn. Just finished watching the preview of tomorrow's F1 race. From the looks of it, the times and speeds of tonight's practice session might not be anywhere near the drivers' full potential, which would most likely be unleashed during tomorrow night's qualifiers or during the actual race on Sunday.

Well, there you have it, one short post. next week, I'm not so sure, things might start to die down as it's 2 weeks closer to the start of school. And I have yet to know of my elective. It's been a week already.

TAG REPLIES:

Janna:
I think you had answered your own question during the conversation on Wednesday night =x ??

Auggie:
Hey you did better by getting a perfect score of 4.0! Your strreak of As should be better than mine!

Joycelyn:
Lol? I thought it was something like a card. Anyways I still can't imagine you walking around with a paddle >_<

Jon:
Just noticed. Changed the colour to a lighter shade. That' what sets NP from the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment