Friday, May 08, 2009

Entering Turbulence

Today marks the end of the fourth week. Encountered some turbulence this week, but at the moment, things are still relatively fine. Meeting with some minor problems with TH for a week now. All because I stayed up late last Wednesday, I ended up sleeping through almost every lecture the next day. 2 days to clear my doubts, catch up on sleep and plan for the week ahead.

Monday was pretty fine, except that the first Taekwondo training let me with three blisters and the inability to walk properly probably till next Monday, a result of skipping a month of training. Tuesday we went to the Botanical Gardens for the outdoor photoshoot, and I took a taxi back to school, just in time for the make up practical session for IA back in school. Nothing much happened on Wednesday.

Thursday. School in the morning was normal till 12pm. Went to the driving centre to sit for the basic theory test. Reached the room 3 minutes before the start time, and passed it within 20 minutes. Nice. But I won't be able to settle the adminstrative stuff on that day as the system to update my results was down, and I did not have enough time to book lessons and tests as I had to get back to school by 2pm. It was 1.20 when I completed the test. Took 985 back to school at 1.24pm. Thinking that it would make a loop at Upper Bukit Timah Road, and being a lazy person, i decided to alight 2 stops after the bus made the right turn. That turn did not come at the junction. Instead, I was en route to Geylang! It's Alright. It's ok. Good thing I informed the lecturer that I would be arrving latest at 2.30pm. If I had alighted at the previous stop, I would have arrived in class at 1.50pm. Not too far away on the expressway, there was a jam. What a good day to relax on a bus. Seems like I'm going to have to take service 1 back to school once again. Went to the bus stop outside CJC, flagged down a cab, and reached the classroom at 2.25pm. Parted with 8 bucks(was supposed to be more than that but he was kind to give a rebate of 20 cents) for that serious careless mistake that took me on the best bus ride of the day. In the evening we had the Toastmasters AGM. That was the first time I experienced the meeting as a normal member and a committee member simultaneously. The difference was very great. A normal member would feel carefree about the proceedings, while a committee member would have much more than just seeing that the meeting goes fine. Honestly, if I were not a committee member of the club, I would not have turned up, as I was holding a post in the Videography Club, which happened to be holding its first meeting during the exact same timeslot on the same day. My greatest fear is that I would not be able to cope with the amount of commitment and studies, all at the same time. How great if the end of the world came shortly after I accomplish everything on my wishlist except getting a job.

Today, there's nothing much as well, a relatively normal day. Tomorrow would be a tiring day again. Got to spend time studying once again. Sunday morning I'll be back at the driving centre to settle the adminstrative stuff, studying again in the afternoon and updating this in the evening.

It's starting to get tough, and this time, the difficulties set in just 3 weeks after the term has started. I don't know exactly how long I could hold out under such conditions. But I certainly know that next year, I will have to leave the main committee of a CCA, or worse, both. It's extremely tough. I have found the red line, and every moment, I'm stretching it, inch by inch. I'm afraid that I might just give it a tug and the line simply snaps. It's too late to leave the posts. I'll have to remain where I am, do what I have got to do and wrap up with no regrets. Not that I totally detest a lifestyle like this, but it's for the future. As long as I can find happiness along the way, meet great friends and reach our goals at the end, it's worth it. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment