Friday, May 29, 2009

YCSS SYF Gala 09

It was sort of unexpected for me. I had no idea there was such an event until one fine Monday morning when I received Andy's SMS about the event that was going to be held this evening. Today rushed off to Jurong Point from school after classes ended at 4pm. Met Andy and Randall for dinner at 5.15pm. Catched up on the times, and I just got my next polytechnic T-shirt today! Singapore Polytechnic's off the list. Went to walk around the shopping complex with Andy after sending Randall off at the entrance. Met up with the rest at 6.50pm at the bus stop outside the school.

The new school building was finally completed, and there was also the new indoor sports hall. We went to the Multi Purpose Hall which had two really gigantic fans, providing lots of wind for everyone present for the concert. This evening, we did not have to purchase any tickets, as we were part of the alumni. The environment sure has changed much over the past 2 years, but the atmosphere is still there.

Somehow, I managed to become a little "high" during the three hour event, but still, the feelings died away as it was only nearing the finale item when I started feeling that way. On a side note, it takes lots of effort just to make someone like me to become "high". Took lots of photographs before, during and after the gala, and you can find them here, and here. After it ended, Gabriel, Edward, Hong Yong, Zhong Rong and I went to the coffee shop behind the school for supper, and I had to leave halfway through in orer to catch the last bus home, as I still did not have a license to drive yet, nor do I have my own vehicle.

Tomorrow, I'll be doing really intensive revision for the upcoming common tests which would be arriving in slightly more than a week's time. Hopefully, I would be able to go for a short run to regain my stamina lost during the period I was unwell and ended up in more than a week of abstinance from exercise. Sunday I would be having my final theory evaluation for driving, and upon passing(I strongly hope I can clear this in one shot so that I can start my practical lessons in October without the need to use an extra two to three hours a week for theory practices and tests), I would be taking the Final Theory Test, which I really want to pass in one shot as well, so that the time and money would not be wasted.

My "Blacklist":
NP, SP, RP, TP, NYP

No comments:

Post a Comment