Sunday, July 05, 2009

First Step Into SPS

Yesterday I entered the St. Patrick's School(SPS) for the first time. First impression? No wonder the both of them were complaining when they visited the new Yuan Ching Secondary building. The school building looked more modern compared to YC's old building. In fact the school was really big with many blocks. Went around during the carnival with them, and WM passed me off as his brother, who was once a part of St Patrick's. Wow. I met them at 2.20pm, went on a little tour around the school, before we started slacking for one and a half hours. We bought mainly food and drinks during the short stay.

It was a carnival with an unusually low number of visitors. One thing that amazed me lots. Stall holders had to go by the book in selling food, drinks and games. Wow. Back in Yuan Ching, we had the freedom to sell our food, drinks and games at any price, at any time. It was as if we were running our stalls as a class. We did not need the teachers to be there at all times to supervise us. Back in those days, although we did not study Economics, we were able to apply the concept of demand and supply.

At 3.45pm, I noticed a girl who sat across the table we were at. She looked a little like you, except, younger and shorter. At 3.50pm, they left. 10 minutes later, we left as well.

The journey to the school was just great. I regret not bringing my camera to snap pictures during the journey. At 12.25pm, I left for Clementi Interchange on board SMRT Service 189. Transfered onto SBS Service 196 at 12.48pm. I missed the 12.35pm bus. I refused to allow myself to fall asleep on the second deck of the bus(although it was really peaceful at the time, since I was the only one dominating the whole second deck). I wanted to look at the sights and note some of the places the bus route visited. After an hour, I gave up and slept for about 30 minutes. 10 minutes later, I alighted a stop before SPS, to take the short cut. Never did I expect it to be so extreme. If I had wanted to take it, I had to walk through it sideways. Thus, I decided to walk to the school's front gate via the canal. 2.20pm, I met the group once again.

4pm, we left for Dhoby Ghaut via SBS Service 36. Failed to find a LAN shop to play L4D, so we went on to have our dinner instead, at Carl's Jr. I ate a little cheese, however I don't seem to be developing any rash from it. Could the cheese be lacking in that special ingredient, or have I overcome the allergy? We left at 7pm, and I took SBS Service 14 back to Clementi Interchange. This time it was the new bus. Transferred onto SMRT Service 189 and reached home at 9.20pm.


Today, went to IMM and Chinatown with my parents to shop for pants for my brothers. I was too bored to stay at home, chatting with a friend I have never met in person before, through a computer screen. Somehow whenever I chat with these friends, it gives the feeling that I am interacting with angels (since no one has any idea how angels look like). I have never seen their real physical appearances, however, I have only heard their voices no more than twice so far. Youthful and full of energy, except for one. I met Mr Choy, a teacher who I have lost contact with for over 6 long years. He has changed alot, and I could hardly recognise him when he walked past us with his daughter who would be celebrating her second birthday this month. Hopefully, I would still be in Singapore on the day schools celebrate Teachers' Day, so that I could return to the schools to visit the teachers I have not met with after so long.

Reached home at 5.45pm. Had dinner, practiced music, and left at 7.10pm. Sent my brother to his friend's place where he would spend the night, before I went to Hong Kah North Community Club for the lesson. Now, I'm back at home, slacking. After tonight, I would not be slacking as much as I used to. 6 weeks to the final examinations. 6 weeks to re-claim my place on the Director's List.


It's been a more than a week. No matter how long it would take, I'll just coninue waiting for a shadow to appear from the horizon. Somehow, I would rather wait longer, and carry it on the same way we are now, till it's September Nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment