Monday, August 02, 2010

August 2010

It's August! The month where things would only become more intense, but the pace feels slower. A short break from the reality of going to back to school for a month perhaps?

My laptop crashed early this morning, but managed to get it on Safe Mode to recover most of the files. However, after reaching home, a miracle occurred. It came back to life! Could be due to the overwhelming space my documents, pictures, movies and songs occupy in the hard disk which caused it to crash, though now it's gotten way slower; I could only open up to 5 tabs in 2 browsers at any one time, the media player takes more time to start up, and I have successfully transferred almost everything to the hard disk, leaving me with the reformatting. Can't bear to do it owing to the amount of time I need to spend to reinstall various programs, though I get to upgrade to Windows 7.

Today, I completed 2 presentations with my group, and submitted the final assignment for a module. I was extremely unhappy with the shabby performance for the first presentation(since it's just 5%), however, we did not have much of a choice since I was supposedly the only member in the team who was able to draw the designs into a Computer Aided Design(CAD) program. They did most of the work, all I had to do, was to follow and read(something I did not like, but had no choice if we wanted to do well for the panel presentation). The third panel assessment went well, except with a couple of errors and suggestions on how we could improve. We started about a minute late, but ended about 10-20 seconds to 10 minutes. It was encouraging during the first 15 seconds when we ended our presentation with nothing being said by the supervisors and Technical Support Officers(TSOs).

Things to do by this week:
Submit:
2 presentations
13 tutorials

32 days to the final examinations. 30 days to their arrival.

Reaching home, watched the first 30 minutes of Inception, and I couldn't watch it anymore. I must go to a cinema to watch it. It took me awhile for the details and stuff mentioned during those scenes to sink into my head, before I realised I had actually experienced those stuff before. Perhaps, if I really did finish watching it at a theatre, I might be able to come up with an idea or two, how I could interpret my dreams(which almost always seem to come true one way or another)?

No comments:

Post a Comment