Monday, July 16, 2007

Last Chinese paper

Today was another day of major examination. The 'O' Level Chinese Language Listening Examination was on at 3pm, 94.2 FM radio. Well, the day was not as important as this, so, I will just talk about this for today.

The music sounded familiar, as though I had heard it on national radio before. As the music pieces played on, it just become more obvious. Is that Symphony 92.4?My doubts were cleared after the Disc Jockey announced it. Well, perhaps it was a little too late to tell relatives that they could 'sit' for the examination together with me.

I felt really clam this time round. Could it be the music that was played while we were waiting? Classical music has been known to calm most people most of the time. Or could it be the small size of the examination room, given that there was no more than 20 candidates in the room.

3.02 pm on my digital quartz watch. The last cheerful piece of music that was aired had just ended. The tone and sentences ran through the corridors. It had begun.

Everything seemed to be just the same, and our invigilator( I forgot to ask for her name and the school she taught), kindly told a handful of us that the paper was quite simple, and she even helped us to check our answers!Wow! Thanks!I found three to four mistakes after she told us her prediction of the answers to the questions.

Now, I can finally enjoy the days(for now) without the need to study Chinese like there was no tomorrow at the Secondary level at least.The Chinese OWL (you should know what I mean if you have watched the fifth Harry Potter film.I seem to like this abbreviation.)papers have ended!!!YEA!!!

Now, i can finally say,"Whatever the outcome is, and any for any grade that I get for my Chinese
language, I am proud to have the confidence to say that I have done my best for the three papers, and will not take the paper again, even if I should fail."

Sadly, as more 'O' Level Paers fall between the national Day period, Ms Lim does not allow me to march for the school's parade. Hope mysome of my juniors can understand why I broke this promise, for she meant well.

No comments:

Post a Comment