Wednesday, June 04, 2008

First common test

Quite alot has happened over the past few weeks. Good or bad, there are many. Some activities over the past few weeks were three insightful Student Toastmasters Club meetings and a cycling Endurance Challenge stretching 45 kilometers at the Paya Labar airstrip.

Anyway, on to this week, the common test period. Long time since I sat for an examination since the O Levels close to 9 months back.The examination style is slightly different from your average secondary school and JC. Rules and regulations are more stringent, and the penalties for cheating are more serious, and in some cases, that could cause you your school life.

Monday was the first paper, Electrical Technology. Since this module made its debut three years back in 2005, each year, the papers get significantly tougher. This year's paper, was the most challenging in terms of conceptual problems where you had play around with the laws and formulae just to arrive at the answer. I should easily get a B grade for this test though.

Yesterday, we had the Engineering Mathematics paper. Difficulty was 3 out of 5 stars. The paper was a breeze, with only a couple of tough and tricky questions. I'm almost certain that I would get at least an A grade for this paper.

Today was the final paper for the common test. Engineering Mechanics. Rating 1 out of 5 stars. The difficulty level was the same as the past year papers, up to two years back in 2006. There would be only one calculation error for that paper though (guess I forgot to check my claculations, apart from the method). I would get an AD grade(A grade with Distinction) for that test. Here's a spoiler: I did less than hour's worth of revision for this paper.

By the way, this was also the first time that I had less than five papers for a common test. It sure was surprising at first, but yea, after checking the announcements and all, there really was in fact only 3 papers for this term's common test.

So, with three days taken out for common tests, the other two would be left for fun and relaxation. I would be going off to Sentosa with my class tomorrow, then on Friday, it would be back to school, but this time, it's not for lessons, revision nor exams. Instead, it's back to school for a games day organised specially for the first year students of the course of Mechanical Engineering by their very own lecturers, to commemorate the completion of our first examination in a totally new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment