The start to the new term was sort of great, but then again, it was not so good. Here's what happened. On Monday, we collected three of our Common Test results. I had straight As for my tests so far, and I have been feeling high over that for slightly more than three days now. I had 88/100 for Engineering Mathematics 1, 80/ 100 for Electrical Technology and 95/100 for Computer Programming, which I topped the class unexpectedly.
I must admit though, though the results for Engineering Mathematics 1 and Electrical Technology were promising, I did not put in much effort into the paper. It's all due to carelessness and mis-interpretation of concepts, but, I must say, it was just because of over confidence that the paper would be damn easy, that I ended up losing the unecessary marks. For the very next examination, the Semestral Examination, I will put in 100% for every paper, so that I will avoid the unecessary loss of marks like what has been happening since Secondary school.
I'm still waiting for the revelation of the last paper on Friday, and that isthe module of Engineering Mechanics. By the way, in case you do not know what Engineering Mechanics and Electrical Technology are, they are two modules that make up your Science known as Physics. Electrical Technology covers the elctrical part of the subject, while Engineering Mechanics covers the force-related topics in Physics.
And now, on to yesterday. Darren and I had arranged to meet up on Monday to collect our 'O' Level certificates yesterday. We met at the school bus stop, took a bus to Clementi MRT Station, took a train to Lakeside MRT Station, and walked to school. On the way, we met Ming Wei who was heading home, and Chong Siang, who was coincidentally also heading back to the school with us. Once there, the security guard had changed, and we were not stopped like what happened earlier this year. Anyway, we went to the office and met some teachers who taught us back in those years.
We were told that only the testimonials for 4E3, Darren's class, was ready for collection. 4E1's(our class') testimonials were still being sorted out. So, we had to come back another day to collect them. Once done, we took a walk around the school, only to find that some new chanes had been made to the environment there. We found out that there was going to be a performance in school on the 11th in the evening, but were not very sure if it was opened to former students like us. We went to the school library to relax for about an hour, before walking to the staff room with Miss Lee. Talked alot, and we did not talk the way we used to back in those days when we still had the school uniform on us. Anyway, although no longer part of the school, I still look forward to the day that I can visit it again.
You know, I really hoped that there was one day, or maybe, a couple of days where we could just meet up and catch up on lost time. Well, but as time catches up on us, it seems like it would be an eternity before something as good as that could really become a relaity...
No comments:
Post a Comment