This post was meant for yesterday...
Yesterday marked the start of the examination of the first semester. Just like back at the "O" Levels, the first paper was a Mathematics paper. It seemed easy at first, but, as you progressed along, one would feel as though he was scaling the height of K2. The last question practically killed almost everyone in the examination room. 12 Marks just to prove who could get the "AD" grade. What kind of madness was that?If my calculations were correct, I would be able to manage a maximum of 84 marks, which would secure an A grade. However, if the marker was strict, I would have to make do with 70 marks, which carries the B+ grade.
After the paper, I headed home to clear my mind of the ordeals of that paper by taking a short nap, followed by more revision for the next paper, Electrical Technology, at 3pm. I was still messing up the formulae for Electromagnetism and some other concepts. Although I managed to clear part of my doubts through the last paper that I tried, there was still the minor portions of the module that I had yet to clear. After an hour and thirty minutes at 4.30pm, I went to turn the TV on, out of boredom(I had lost my drive in revision after getting most of the tougher questions wrong on the first attempt). I happened to catch the third, fourth and part of the fifth match between Team Singapore's Women's Table Tennis Team against the South Korean Team. Well, it seemed to be going quite well after watching the fifth match, so I though maybe I should go for a short run(I planned earlier on Wednesday to measure the distance I covered on the route yesterday). My dad accompanied me on the first 1.5 km, and I continued on the remaining 3.5 after we reached the traffic light before the nature reserve. We set off at 6pm. As we covered the route, there were lots of occasional cheering from the nearby cluster of blocks of flats. From there, I could already tell that Singapore was just inches away from the window that would grant the city-state her first Olympic medal in 48 years(first ever since independence in fact).
Somehow, I managed to pace myself such that I covered 5 kilometers in 20 minutes, which was really surprising, as I had walked part of the distance and even waited at for the traffic lights to turn green twice. Maybe I should go for a second attempt on Monday to be doubly sure that I had covered exactly 5 kilometers yesterday. And upon reaching home, the Singapore women's' Table Tennis team really defeated the South Koreans to enter the finals! CONGRATS!!This also grants Singapore at least a silver medal in this year's Olympic games in Beijing.
On to today....
This morning, the second paper was Electrical Technology, another tough paper. Although the paper of somewhat manageable, I made a serious blunder at the 3rd question, which cost me 6 marks. If not for that question, I would be able to be assured of at least an A grade, but now, like the Mathematics paper yesterday, I run the risk of scoring between 75 and 84 marks for this paper. The last paper's on Monday, and that would be my last chance to turn the table around for this semester.
After the exam, went with the rest of the class for lunch, before heading to the library to get Jian Hui teach me the fundamentals of torque(a crucial topic if I wanted to get at least an A+ grade), before I head home with Jenere at 1.30pm.
Slept till 5.40pm, before I got ready to go for dinner at a restuarant at Velocity with my relatives. The food sure was delicious! Thanks alot! And, I guess I got another job offer, this time as a phone promoter, but I'm still not sure if I should head out to work, or just stay at home to enjoy life and relax as much as I can till the nest semester. I don't wish to repeat the same mistake of relaxing too much like this term, which has already potentially caused my loss in 3 A grades this semester.
Tomorrow's going to be one heck of a day, with the last chance to get at least an A+ grade on Monday(to make things easier, the Mechanics paper is always one of the easiest to do extremely well in, so the chances of getting full marks for that paper are pretty high).
No comments:
Post a Comment