Friday, August 29, 2008

On Vacation'08-Part 1

Yep! The holidays have officially started this week, and it's been a busy week so far. Oh, before we go on, this is the first of a weekly seven part series, on every Friday. Bringing weekly updates into the holidays as we progress into the next semester. The first week, was like a catapult on an aircraft carrier, propelling me into the holiday mood.

Monday-Tuesday:
The first ever class outing on this vacation seemed a great way to kick off this vacation, as we had a 2 day 1 night stay at a chalet at Downtown East. Met up with Yin Feng at 1.55pm, before An Yan came and we took a bus to the resort to meet up with the rest who were already waiting to check into the chalet. The chalet was way smaller than the one at Aloha resort, which was at least three times larger than our current one. There was a barbecue, followed by games and a drinking session? As the sun set, so did the aura of darkness overcome its chains that bore it down during the day. There were many parties being held, and playful pranks were in abundance, though the mess was expected, that did not stop a large group of students on a study trip to stay at the resort. As the place became darker, so did the intensity of some of the celebrations. All that I would say that, some things were unprecedented, but have taught us many lessons. At 10.40pm, Jian Hui,Jun Jie and I escorted Hamzi and Janna to the MRT Station and taxi stand respectively. That was due to past experience of what my friends experienced earlier this year, that we decided to do the same just in case something similar happened. As we approached midnight,I noticed that the place was sort of broken into three small parts(I related to them as the partying area, the middle line and the peaceful zone). We were in the Middle Line, as we were in the middle of the chalets of the partying students and those where tourists and students stayed at for the night. That night, a series of events brought us closer together, as well as a series of lessons that we will never forget.

Wednesday:
Today would have to be the day that I found courage to go for my first job interview. I had a strange, monotonous tone during the interview, which I had never experienced before. Strange. Well, till today, I have yet to receive a call that I have been selected for the job later during the vacation. Anyway, if by next Friday i have not received a call, I doubt I would have the time to get a job, and would be back to studying in preparation for the next semester's modules. After the interview, I decided to have a preview of the Comex, by walking to Funan to take a look at the games,earphones and tablet add-ons for my laptop. The pricing for some of the products were reasonable, but,I thought that maybe I would get those gadgets if I had received my pay, should I get a job. Headed home at 6pm.

Thursday:
8 days before the registration for Basic German 102(sequel to the Basic German enrichment programme that ended last semester) closes. I went back to school for the registration at 3pm, but sadly, I forgot the last digit of the pin. Oh crap. This was the third time I had forgotten something as important as that. The first time wasn't that important as it was a game, the second time, it was for the gym, the third was my password for my library account. This is the fourth, and I promised myself, today, would be the last time I would forget something as vital as the ATM PIN. With all that free time left, I headed to Suntec Convention Centre for Comex 2008. I happened to meet Darren by coincidence at the fourth floor. He was there with his dad and sis. The booth layout for the fair was alot better with more space for walking, but, one thing that was missing this time round, was the presence of good deals for computer accessories. Maybe that was due to the fact that today was the first day of the fair. After two hours, I reached home at 6pm.

Friday:
Today, met up with Andy and Zhong Rong at 7.45 at Lakeside MRT Station before going back to Yuan Ching to watch the Teachers' Day performance. there was a new segment, the school's new mass dance. Though I did not know how to go about doing it, the thought of mass dance brought back memories from the first month spent at MI. I'm wondering how the teachers who took the effort to take us on a tour into the realm of life in a JC, are doing. It's been 6 months since I last entered the school gates, though I still see it occasionally as I used to live there more than 10 years ago.

Anyway, back to the performance, it's still the same as the previous years, although there were not as many performances put up by the main performing arts groups. The class parties were brought down, to be held at the intra-school level, so as to liven up the celebration, and also to allow teachers to be with more than one class at any one time. Kudos to the organising committee for overlooking those factors.

This was proven by some of the teachers we met today, and this year, the school saw many former students coming back to see their teachers. I must say, that today was almost like a reunion for 4E1, with at least three quarters of the class being present in school today. Mr Liew even joked about going to one of the classrooms for a recap on differentiation and integration to bring back the memories we shared during his lively lessons which I till miss till today.

At 1pm, Andy,Randall, Gabriel, Chong Siang and I left for Boon Lay after collecting our testimonials and certificates. Andy had to head home to get ready for his swimming training, while the rest of us headed to Jurong Point for lunch. At 2pm, Randall and I left for the bank to reset my ATM PIN, before we went to Singapore Polytechnic so that he could submit a form for a camp. We the took bus 74 to Ngee Ann Polytechnic for my second attempt to make the payment for the Basic German 102 course. At first, the machine could not read the card which caused quite a scare, but on the second attempt, I finally successfully made the registration! Now, we went on to Vivocity to help Sean(MI friend) search for a high grade perfume that fetched a 3-digit price tag. Well then, I'm sorry, but exactly what errand I was running for Sean, must be kept a secret till who knows when. This afternoon, one thing I noticed was, every time he answered the phone with a smile, you could almost be sure that he was enjoying precious moments with someone precious. And today was no exception as well.

Randall and I rushed back to Clementi at 5.40pm to get ready for a small reunion dinner. After that at 8pm, the group of us who sat together for dinner went to the sports complex for 2 hours of billiards. Randall and I left early as we were too tired to continue. many Thanks to Randall for accompanying me for the whole afternoon today!!

Right now, I realised that I am feeling lost again. Would I meet that person soon? Is that person already in my life, just waiting for me to take notice? I have got no idea, and I seem to have lost my resolve in holding the bow and arrow, which could be the explanation to why I am feeling lost. Perhaps, dreams could help me see the answers to these questions, and hep me overcome these times once again.

A day ago,
we exchanged greetings.
A week ago,
We engaged in conversations.
A month ago,
We went almost everywhere together.
A year later,
Would those times still be there?

One day,
We met.
Every week,
We promised to be together always.
Each Month,
We would catch up on lost time.
A year,
Could our hopes last?

No one knows for sure what exactly could happen next. For now, I will just keep searching for the answers, hoping that one day, I would definitely find the precious stone and treasure it like there was no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment