Monday, August 18, 2008

Return of the long-term break

The holidays have arrived again! Yes, this time, standing at 8 weeks(including this week), it's longer and perhaps, far better than the long break after the PAE period. This might seem all too appealing to the JC students, but, I don't really like the luxury of extremely long breaks, as it greatly reduces and kills the momentum that has been building up for the past 4 months. I' m considering getting a job for the first time during the break, but, I'm also not sure if I'm up for it.

Anyway, today's paper, was, as expected, the easiest among the three. Yet, ironically this was also the module that I spent the least amount of time to study for. Compared to the 10 hours I spent on Math, 6 hours I spent on Electrical Technology, I spent a meagre 1 hour on Mechanics alone. And that 1 hour of revision was done only yesterday. The language used in that paper was somewhat similar to the standard used in the "O" Level Additional Mathematics papers. Just read the question, and you would know right away what kind of question you were going to face. The Mathematics paper, for most of the time, all you had to do was simply to look at the question to know how you were going to answer the question. I would still say that the Electrical Technology paper was the most challenging, whereby each question carried a certain level of difficulty. And, true enough, this paper was definitely many times tougher than the common test which was held 2 months back. However, there is one thing in common in two of the three papers. The last question was always the one that would kill off the average students, who simply revise jut enough to pass the respective modules. The last question in both the Mathematics and Mechanics papers carried a total of 12 marks, which meant the difference between an extremely low A grade and a Distinction grade.The mathematics question proved itself to be one of the toughest any student who took the module had ever come across. As for the Mechanics paper, it was simple on first glance. But, if one were to do the calculations on paper in black and white, one would find the solution to the question to be extremely tedious, thus running a high risk of making a careless mistake.

On the whole, I will definitely secure a decent A+ grade, if not, I might be able to get my first AD grade.After the exam, half of the class headed to West Mall to catch the movie, Money No Enough 2. I won't say that the movie was not good, nor was it excellent either, though visibly, there were a handful of great actors and actresses in there. Though touching at times, the jokes also managed to pack quite a punch, creating a great ambiance at the start.

I headed home at 3.30pm, before heading to the nature park for a run after the rain, which proved to be a very big mistake. Firstly, I did not place the pedometer in the correct position in my pocket, which resulted in reading only 0.673 kilometers and less than 900 steps. Next, the frequent sprints every few hundred meters made me feel so weak that I felt like collapsing shortly after reaching home. Now, I'm down with a mild fever. So, I guess tomorrow, I might have to end up giving up on going on the Sentosa trip with the rest of the class. Even if I could Make it there tomorrow, I doubt I will have much energy for some of the activities there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment