Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Examinations August 2009-part 2

What kind of a crap today has been. I hate today. And I fear today as well. I couldn't get myself to sleep till 3am this morning, and when I somehow managed to enter dreamland, I returned only at 9.30. I should have woken up at 9am instead. Packed my stuff, went to school. I think I saw the principl on the bus today, but it felt weird. I wanted so much to go chat wih him for a short while, yet it felt unusual. My mind went blank, and I simply alighted. Alright. Next time, I shall do something more.

1.45pm, last paper for them, second last for me. We got the papers. I read through. It seemed easy. But, something told me. If a paper seems easy when read, it usually means it's going to be a tough one. When I tired to answer a couple of questions during the 10-minute reading period, I wanted so much to holler, showing both middle fingers high up in the air when the invigilators weren't looking. Of course, being a very quiet person, I held back. I cleared the first question in 45 minutes. I wasted 15 minutes on the second question, all because I wondered about which formula to use. When you repeat something in your mind again and again, the something that you are thinking of loses its meaning in your mind. That's how my engine stalled during the examination. An hour to go, 3 questions unanswered. Good going. I rushed through my working for the remaining questions. 17 minutes, the last question, with 2 sub-questions, each with parts. I managed to grab a total of 4 marks. I did not finish the paper. I lost 16 marks for that. take aother 6 marks for carelessness and wrong answers, I have got 28 marks taken from me. 72 marks. Nice one. My first C Grade just appeared. So, any rooftop in mind to throw yourself from? So far, I have never gotten any lower than a B Grade.

Went straight home after that. While I could only feel the happiness they all had in their hearts as we left for the bus stop, I had one more battle to fight. Whatever it is, I'm going ino overdrive this time. Performed extremely badly this semester. Getting magre grades, not spending quality time properly on revision. Maybe, this is it. After the holidays are over, I'm seriously considering quitting a couple of CCAs. With a projected GPA of 3.5, I won't go very far after graduation.

Today was a total mess. I'm about to give up. Couldn't my time arrive a little sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment