Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Climbing Back To Cruise

After the past few weeks, I'm slowly making that big climb back to normal cruising altitude. July was one month that was filled with lots of challenges and unfinished business. One of the most interesting friendships that I have been bonded to over the last 6 months has been going in, and out of a terrible storm cloud. Lately, that cloud became a terrible storm that removed itself from the skies, revealng a clear blue horizon.



Speaking of unfinished business. I have become so aquainted with my dear laptop that I have forgotten about my assignments and upcoming tests this week. 2 Tests, 3 Assignments due this week. What's more, I'm the next victim down with flu and mild fever in class. Nevermind the fever. It's not going to last that long anyway. Thanks to that, I'll have to skip the long distance run this weekend, even if I did manage to recover in time. So far, I'm ready for the 2 tests, 1 assignment due this thursday is 90% complete, while another due this Thursday is still 0% complete. The third assignment due this Friday is also 0%complete on my part.

Today was nice I guess. Overslept as usual, went to school for IA make up lesson before heading home for lunch, completed part of the assignment before going back to school again to submit the assignment. Took 151 to Hougang, so as to kill time. Studied a little here and there though, while enjoying the sights along the way. I was expecting the journey to be around an hour and 30 minutes, but instead, it lasted only 40. Due to the small space, I could not fall asleep even though I was at the rear of the bus. Moment we arrived and alighted at Hougang, I boarded 74, and in 30 seconds, I was on the way back to NP once again. Besides, my aim of going to Hougang was simply to kill time and take the first service 74 back to school,and arrive before 4pm. This time, for the irst part of the journey, it was difficult to fall asleep as the bus was passing many schools. Only after it entered the Expressway was I able to find peace. For the next 30 minutes or so, all was well, until before turning into Bukit Timah, there was this stretch of road that was lined with papers, lots and lots of papers along the side of the road, up to the junction. Wow.

Reached school at 3.45pm. Met the others, and at 4pm, went to help with the registration for the launch of The Christieara Programme(TCP). Did I spell it correctly? The programme was formerly known as the Talent Development Programme, but the name was changed as it sounded very elitist. The Christieara is NP's very own Orchird hybrid, and can be found at the National Orchid Garden at the Botanical Gardens. With that, they managed to make the programme sound much more neutral, and it also gives more publicity about the school flower. Nicely done. First impression. The name sounds a little Christian-like. I still prefer the name Talent Development Programme. But, if you were to repeat The Christieara Programme again and again, you would find that there is something special and unique about it soon enough.

After that, there was the break-out session. We were introduced to the California Challenge, one of the main activities open to the year twos to register for. After that presentation, I'm really looking forward to the registration for it! Many challenges, 30 vacancies, 5-digit fees, 3 weeks, 1 place.Right now, I'm only worried I would not be able to get a place in it, given my poor performance in the previous semester, I have lost my place on the list. I'll make sure I'll reclaim that spot that was once mine after my first 6 months of study.

It goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment