Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day at My First Job

After procrastinating for 3 years, I finally got a vacation job. Went to do some stock taking and packing. It's very similar to the sorting period of Operation Juvi, except that this time the manpower was less than half than the night shift of the operation carried out back in July, and we were dealing with more than just clothes! We came across many merchandises, and started making our very own "to buy" list! Somewhere on the job, I guess I over exerted myself, and caused the injury that had almost recovered from the NAPFA test, to return. Hope I can recover before returning to work again later in the week, where the real fun begins.

That aside, I took a super long journey home again, by bus. I started off at 6.05pm at Aljuned on board SBS 40 bound for Bedok(my self declared regional bus terminal), arriving at 6.42pm. I waited for SBS 14 instead of 196 and 7 which were also bound for Clementi Temporary Interchange, though those 2 buses came way earlier at such high frequencies, as I wanted to see how it would be possible for me to travel home via that bus service if I happened to drop by Sean's place in future. At 6.53pm, the bus arrived, and the first thing I saw out the window, was the moon, almost showing it's full roundness. 2 more days to the Mid-Autumn Festival, which would mean a full moon.

The journey on the bus alone lasted 2 full hours! Adding the total travel time and waiting times together, I would have spent a total of 3hours, or 180 minutes(a new record)! With that, I can safely declare that I can survive the journey on board a budget airline to the neighbouring countries without much problems(even if I was very hungry before the flight). I had dinner only after I reached home at 8.45pm.

Tomorrow, it's back to school for my Final Year Project.

Felt like calling, as there's much to say, but on second thought, I guess I should just hold on till the weekend. You deserve your fair chance in your final sprint too, just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment