Friday, September 17, 2010

September'10 Vacation Birthday Surprise

Today was supposed to be a long day, but things turned out well. I woke up this morning, with the bottom half of my body in great pain. I guess I had pushed myself really hard yesterday during the walk around Pasir Ris with Jon(though I was already walking at a snail's pace).

In the afternoon, went out with my parents for lunch, before heading to school to surprise Melissa a day after she turns 18. Well, wouldn't say this was the best surprise ever, since she was always the one behind all the birthday surprises so far. I reached school at 2.19pm, but no one had arrived, so I gave Kim a call, and she was kind of depressed. Decided to help cheer her up by going all the way to Coronation Plaza to meet her. I seldom enjoy waiting for others alone. When I took my first step into the building, she called. I mistook her for a maid? Beside her was the cake and many other stuff that she and the others had prepared for the surprise! She had to do everything, as Iqbal and the others had a workshop and were unable to help us with the preparations. Though you were on the verge of breaking down from the stress of preparation, thanks for taking most of the trouble upon yourself!

Met up with Dandan, Shen Faye, Xinying and Jiamin when we arrived at 3. Slowly the others joined as time passed. We struggled to complete the custom made gift prepared by everyone she knew, before we left at 5.30pm. Till now, though some of them said the holder looks nice, I don't think I tied the card holder nicely. In fact, I guess credit should go to Shen Faye for helping me with the final touches, which brought the handicraft to perfection. The string looks worn from my rough handling! Looking forward to meeting them again soon...

The weekends would be a good time to recuperate from my muscle aches and preparation for my first job assignment coming up the coming week.

I guess maybe I should have returned 10 minutes earlier to at least bid goodbye, since things ended at the same time tonight. Perhaps I had disappointed. Anyways, enjoy the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment