Wednesday, August 08, 2007

National Day celebrations and Speech and Prize Presentation Day

Overslept this morning and reached school slightly later than usual. At 6.50 am, I came in with Gabriel, before we went to meet up with the rest of the class at the canteen and outisde the staff room.

Today was definitely different from other days, since we were there for celebrations in the morning, followed by some Math later in the afternoon. Things were slightly different for me this year. Instead of being at the parade square, Darren and I were in the hall throughour most of the parade this year. So, we sort of like missed watching the parade inspection and the march past, but, we did catch one thing;The choreography of the Guard of Honor and their new drill, whereby the middle row is to join up either with the row in front or the row behind, forming only 2 rows. While the rarade went on under the sun, the 100-strong prize winners were enjoying the air conditioners inside the hall,though we still had to run through our steps once again.

We watched the National Day video today(my first time viewing one in the school), and the scenes were great.

Now the moment has arrived, but things did not go as most of us had expected.Mr Chia went up on stage with the Guest of Honor(dint really remember his name)?Some of us were wondering"what is this? Wasn't it to be that only the Guest of Honor went on stage, and with the help of an ursher(a councillor)?" Nevermind. What's past, is already past, it can't be undone anyway.

The Carnival. YES! TOday is the first anniversary of me putting on my braces~ However, want to know how I celebrated it? I could only eat things that required minimal biting, since I had changed the wire again(the fourth so far). Cazua,Darren,Wee Keong, some 1E3 peeps and I shouted our throats hoarse today,but it was a good attempt to draw the crowds(including some VIPs to the stall). The service that the kids'(as Andy would say) provided was efficient and great.Nice effort put in!

After that, went back to staff room as most of the class was there. There was some sort of a small question and answer session about Junior Collgeges there, listened a little, and found out that I did not quite know many things(more than those Caleb had told me a couple of weeks ago). Nonetheless, rushed to Randall's place for Guild Quest later, and the initial processes seemed fast, as we completed the first stage in 5 minutes! Another record broken. I messed the boos stage up by forgeting to use my skills to avoid being killed, and caused the bags to disappear.

Now, almost time for our lesson.Randall packed his bag, I took two slices of bread(thanks~ though, but I can't really bite well) and we took a taxi down to school. We practically brought it to Ms Lee, who happened to flag down our taxi as it stopped near the bus stop. Nice.

The lesson was refreshing, though most of us were starting to dose off. So, Mr Liew went into Plan B. We did a graph question, and that really worked(at least it kept me fully awake for an hour), before I started to feel lethargic again. 4.59pm. Wow, he sure kept his promise, to release us before 5pm today. I like it, feeling that I had recovered some lost skills in Mathematics.

Next up, a miracle(not really).I accomplished part of my resolution of the year today, by talking to more than one teacher(as I had not done so for the past 6or 7 years) in one day. Somehow I felt really close after that, and new insights amd truths.

Home Sweet Home at 5.50pm, I read the papers for awhile before starting to feel unwell. Maybe like Cazua said, we are going to watch the NDP tomorrow at the hospital(sounds like fun)... On second thought, maybe not. 7.30pm, I dosed off after staring at the computer for 20 minutes. I had finally depleted all that energy for the day.Now, I did not even have the mood to study, since I was still feeling really tired before I finally forced myself to even type this in.

Alright then, time to go. I'm dead sleepy now. Hope I get well soon tomorrow morning...


so, it all boils down to today, that I feel the committment that I had put in for the last 3 years fading away. Seems like it is time to get down to serious work, and less socialising for now at least, I hope. Right now,I'm still wondring, did I even make the right move two years back, to make the choice of coming this far, and doing little about it?I'm still lacking that determination and courage...

No comments:

Post a Comment