Friday, August 24, 2007

Annual Cross Country Run, Strange Occurences?

Today was a day which I like,not becuase of some unexpected news, but more because of the ups and downs that happened today.I like adenture(to a certain extent)~

Anyway, Steven broke out this news to me today, about this admirer thing(felt like I was being shot), anyway,I dint really believe him, till sometime later. Anyway, A few good things happened in school today. Ms Tan finally entered Physics class for the first time this week, and I finally hit Distinction(a mini celebration) for MCQ!It sure is possible to get an A for Physics after all.Next,Social Studies, Steven passed me a set of my notes(how did it get here?). Stupefied, I just took it, examined the pages, and kept it in my bag.The only thing I remember was that the last time I took those notes out was during the Mid-year examination period, moreover, how was it that a secondary 2 student could get his or her(I think it's a her) on my notes? Nevermind... English lesson, I finally get what I wanted; a one-to-one session on letter writing with Mdm. Azlinah. i really get the idea of proper letter writing and less unecessary words and sentences now, thanks!

After school, had a meeting for that special day, and then, after lunch, went to the study corner with Randall to slack. Count it as strange,but I felt someone was looking from above(third floor in fact, two people). Felt strange, but perhaps it was my oversuspicion of things, since I was feeling sleepy at the moment.

Next, the actual cross country run. Was inspired to clinch the top 10 positions for this one with Gabriel,Sean,Cazua and Fong Yong, until I felt one stitch on my right adomen.Forget it, must be lack of water.Pressed on, and then the piercing pain got worse, decided to go easy on this one, then a second stitch occured, this time on my left side. Dammit, I'm losing velocity and concentration! If only I had drank more water just before the run(if pnly I had read the papers this morning, this might not have happened, cause there's an article whch talks about what to do in a long distance run). Anyway, Gabriel took off without me(wish him luck), followed by Andy(wish him luck too). Ok, I came to this cross-roads where only girls were permited to take. Guess what? Boys, a wave of them, roughly 5 in the group, charged out from within(where were the teachers and student marshals?)Fine,it was only five pathetic souls without any sense of integrity. The next one really pissed me off. anothr wave of students came out from a road junction, this time, around ten of them. Fine, I have decided. So,AT THE TIME WHEN I THOUGHT THAT I COULD ENJOY A RACE THAT HAS FEW OR EVEN NO CHEATERS, I WAS WRONG? Ok, Nevermind, let's walk :) ..."Engine failure" reported,right thigh muscle aching. I had not been running for the past three or four months ever since our NAPFA ended. This was near a block of blue flats. Ok, this is one more reason for walking.Come to think of it, this is my last time running in the school's race. Ok, I have promised that I will not receive a card with three digits. I promised my self that I shall not exceed number 50(my number in 2005 was 25, if I remember correctly). So, the moment I hit the traffic crossing,I started accelerating, thinking of a couple of motivation incidents experienced during the past three years and eight months. I hit the finish, and got a devastating 63. Tat was downright appalling. So, that goes to say that there were more of those who took the short cuts? Nevermind, let it rest. This final race shall be for fun only.

This is the part I liked most about today. The prize presentation. The 4Es formed a new cheering team. When classmates and friends went up to collect their prizes, 120(roughly) students unified as one and cheered and clapped for our friends and classmates. Sure is memorable. On the way home, found out that another schoolmate stayed in Bukit Batok...

Tuesday is going to be the start of the Preliminaries, and that marks the time when I should be really ready for the final one...

Somethings ought to be remembered,
Somethings ought to be forgotten.
Somethings ought to be cherished,
Somethings ought to be abandoned.
Somethings ought to be made,
Somethings ought to be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment