Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Start of School Prelims

The first day of the prelims.Nice.Everytime it's the first day of any examination in Secondary school, it's always going to be a rainy day(for those who had not noticed this for the past four years, please bear this in mind),though I doubt it might happen for the Ordinary Level Examination.

Anyway, straight to topic. Did question one."Life is a journey with many unexpected twists and turns."How far do you agree with this statement? My first impression, is this a Social Studies question? Alright, questions two,three,four and five seem to be hard,but doable. Personally, I had always liked to write expositary esays, whether or not it is easy to wrtie(though the only time I do so in an examination is when I am so unlucky that all the questions are just as hard). I wrote another short essay today, at about a page and a half. The risk I took for this paper, my substantiation of the points to be questions seems like they are repetitions(This could mean suicide). To be honest, this is my seventh expository essay this year(pathetic ain't it?).

Next, paper two was rather interesting. Two passages, with the first passage being easy to understand but its questions take some time before the candidate can understand what it wants. The second, you need more than a couple of readings and some inference to understand the passage, and you will ace the questions for this passage, for sure. The vocabulary questions today are a sure killer,and as for the summary, I must say, it's filled with "double-line crosses".


Now, Mathematics lesson was vacant today, sadly. Anyway, used this time to do what we can for The Day Before September. After that, we went for lunch before departing for Jurong Junior College. It was a long walk,yea, but fortunately, there were shelters along the way,since around half of the group had not brought their own umbrellas. Sad to say, but tomorow we might have to go without Mr Liew again, for he has been hospitalised for an illness which Ms Lim said is food poisoning,while we were on the bus.Hope he gets well soon before the BIG event...

We were honored, to be the first secondry school to visit the JC on their Open House.Learnt quite a deal there, knew how much the place had changed and I felt relieved too, since I had the chance to take up Biology there.Now, it's down to whether I should take up Chemistry or Physics. Something really strange happened.Just as the last person int he group stepped out of the shelter, it poured.I sort of helped the others by holding te umbrellas while allowing their owners to pass throught the gate. After that, all was normal again, so we just parted and headed in all directions. Although my papers and books are safe in my suppossedly water proof computer bag, the bag was more or less drenched on the outside when I finally reached home. So tomorrow, there's going to be another switch of bags again, since my main has gotten a little mouldy on the inside.

Finally, my decision is made, JC route, Science course(either Chemistry or Physics has to go).


So, this is how it goes. The path has been planned, and it's time to head out on the journey with the end in mind. Almost everything else does not matter so much for now, till the last hurdle has been crossed in late October.

No comments:

Post a Comment