There was the ACES(All Children Excersing Simultaneously) Day and a teachers versus students floorball for the upper secondary students. Until 9am,4E1 formed a team to challenge the teachers. Though the students did not win, we still managed to maintain the score of 3-0 and had fun during the games.
Now at the school hall, there was a Lion Dance performance, two rock band performances,two modern dance items and a skit.The band performances were good, but the first item was so loud and high pitched that it left almost half of the shool covering our ears.Next was the dance, and I liked the one which Clara and her friends performed in, and there were some good comments by dancer in our class too... There was also a prize presentation ceremony for the teachers in the school, and Ms Lim won the overall Best Teacher in the upper secondary category as well as the Most Caring Teacher award in the school. Mr Liew won the Most Energetic Teacher Award.
Next is none other than the Teachers' Day 2007 @ YCSS Class 4E1, the main event of the day! I love this part the most, since we had spent more than 24 hours on the whole putting the bits and pieces of the party together and making this party a success!Thank you 4E1 for the efforts put in for this day! The moment the concert ended, everyone headed back to the classroom as fast as we could. Girls formed a line along the windows of the classroom, while the boys formed a line along the parapet of the corridor. Every alternate classmate had a popper(if that is what its called) in his or her hand. Finally, Ms Lim came, and as she passed, the poppers were released one by one, creating a grand ambience. Now, the classroom was more of a pub than some grand place.With 'coloured' lights, hand-cut and spray-painted banners, the place was far from a grand party, for this was more of a once-in-a-lifetime sort of a celeration.Soon, teachers came and joined us for the cake cutting ceremony,the drama put up by some of our classmates,the video made by Damien, the giving out of presents and gifts to the teachers and finally, the buffet prepared by some classmates who stayed up later than most of the class who left school at 9pm yesterday.
Everything does not end here though.
This part is continued at 7pm:
Finally it was time to leave school.I had promised the teachers,three of them in fact, from my primary school, Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School that I will be back this year,since I knew that I would not be able to get pass the security guards at all last year(due to the late dismissal time). Sadly,Gloria had decided not to return to school this year, I had to go alone(good, one less person to worry about), since there were only the both of us who were posted to Yuan Ching Secondary from Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary in 2003.I tripled my walking speed today(yea, new record) in a successful attempt,well not so successful afterall, to make it back to Upper Bukit Timah Road, where the journey took 40 minutes. Arriving near the school at 1pm after taking bus 61, I sprinted for the gates. I saw the security guard and crossed my fingers. Will I be let into the school this year?I walked up,and asked."Yes!By all means,feel free to enter!"He answered with enthusiasm.I entered with appreciation,but not before he gave me a light pat on my back.The school sure has changed alot since the new principal took office this year.Met up with Ms Loh and two ex-students from my class(glad we still recognise each other, though I had forgotten a girl's name,who donned the familiar greyish Jurong Secondary uniform).I was in luck.She was preparing to leave the school until I entered the staff room.The two teachers of whom I was so eager to meet today had left for lunch earlier today. Nevermind, at least I could meet my former Chinese teacher who was willing to let me write a short note to my other two former teachers who taught me the English Language,Mathematics,Science,Social Studies and Physical Education.Without them, I might not have made it to where I am today. I really long to meet them in school again some day, and I knew that this day is drawing nearer by the days. I found out that many things had changed for the better along with the new principal's entrance. I also found out that last year, the school was ranked fourth in Singapore among all the Primary schools in the island,with a top T-score of 28x.Nice work.Although my stay was not very long, I was sort of happy with the ideals of the new principal.
Anyway, to think that theres a part three to today. I call it the outside school visit(first time Im doing this). the teacher I visited today is my Chinese tuitor,who lives in Bukit Panjang and has helped me outside tuition hours at her home at no extra charges. In addition, she has taught me for the past four years!I'm very appreciate of her efforts in helping me to get this grade(although she was not very satisfied with a C,since I could have gotten a B instead). I brought her a self-knitted sweater by my mum, together with a card and some chocolates.Took a joy ride on the LRT before heading to Jurong Point for early dinner at 5pm(I had intended to stop by at Jurong Entertainment Centre at first,but the thought of unecessary spending of money on plastic models there made me change my mind).
Finally,at 5.20pm, I took the proper route home, meaning that I took the MRT train to Bukit Batok Station before taking a bus that stopped near my home.I reached home at 5.50pm(typical journey time).Now, I'm back at home, taking a short break before embarking on recovering more than ten hours lost during the decorating of the classroom which was worth the effort.
Although the urge to let those words out of my mouth is geting increasingly unbearable, it might not be good now, for it could affect the other's performance at the final hurdle;it would not be fairto do that now.
Also, as it is less than two months before it is time to jump as high as I can over that hurdle,this would be my one of my last posts till further notice. The last post before I start again would be the 18th of september.
Some Videos taken today:
No comments:
Post a Comment