Friday, February 13, 2009

Storm's Subside

It's been 2 weeks since the storm hit, and finally, it's beginning to make its exit. Just a few more days or weeks and it will be gone for the academic year.Just 7 more days. After that, I can bid farewell to Level 1, and welcome Level 2 in April.

Let's see.. seven pojects assigned in January 2009, all seven completed before February 13th. Sadly, as I had forgotten the dates of submission, I'll just go on to the 7 projects. The first is the Engineering Drawing Project, which was really challenging. Managed to complete it just in time.


Second, I had my Communication Toolkit 2-minute impromtu speech, of which I had a high B grade.

A week later, we had our IAC group Presentation in the morning. Wegot an overall B grade for the presentation.

5th in line is the German Culture Presentation, which saw Eugene and I presenting on some food found in Germany. This project took us 2 days to preapare though. We did decently for that, but it was definitely not the most well prepared presentation of all my projects.

In sixth place we have my Economics assignment. This was the only assignment that interest me the most, probably due to the amount of content that I was able to come up with. I wrote a total of 1380 words outof the maximum of 2000 words. This assignment was submitted on Tuesday.

Finally, last but not least, was the Engineering Materials E-learning assignment. Jian Hui, Jenere and I decided to work on the Exhuast Pipe of a car. Well, this projct certaily won the 'extremely-last-minute-work' prize. We completed this project in 3 hours.I'm just expecting a boderline pass for this. If we received an A grade, it would certaily be a miracle. This project was submitted on Wednesday.


Next up, I have finally uploaded the pictures of the apartment we stayed in during the trainng camp last week. The pictures are aranged in order, from the moment one enters the main door, till the last room, which is also the largest of the apartment(Oh, and for the last two pictures, try to see if you can identify which is my former Primary school, and which is the schoo that I am currently studying in. Should nto be too hard or anyone I guess?):




Finally, a short re-cap for the week. On Monday, went to school solely for CCA, and we did basic self-defence techniques as well as basic fall-breaking techniques, before we were dismissed at 8.30pm(the earliest dismissal time so far this semester).

On Tuesday, went to school for the computeried practical test(I got killed instantly when I submitted the answers). I scored a pathetic 8 out of a possible 25 points. This was the first test which I totally did not study for due to the lack of time. Completed my last practical lesson fr th semester. Had lunch, went to take a look at the German Day exhibition at the library till 2.50pm before going for the Economis Final Test. A pass is definite, but I'm not confient of a good score.

On Wednesday, went to school only for our Engineering Mathematics E-learnin assignment submission, had lunch, took sme photographs, and slacked a little before heading home. Went back to school latr in the afternoon for trip briefing, collect some frms, made new friends, and headed home.


On Thursday, left home at 2.30pm for Marina Square to buy some guards for the up-coming competition. Spent more than 100 bucks on everything. Reached school at 5pm to submit the paperwork for the trip in March(What trip? Details coming your way soon!). Bought snacks at the Cheers! kiosk before heading to the sports complex for CCA. Training that day sure was tough. Finallyback to the expectations of most of us who were down for training, but guess I was not on top form that day.


Today, went out at 9.45am with my mum to SGH for her check-up, and we came back at 1.30pm. Slept from 2 till 5, befoe I went to try out a new route for running. In all, I sent 25 minutes, passed 9 road crossings, of which 6 had traffic lights. Total distance and average speed would be calculated on the next trail run somewhere next week when I replace the batteries on my pedometer(Got a feeling that by this point, some might think that I'm pretty organised huh).


Tomorrow I'll be at NTU for the weigh-in for the competition in 2 weeks' time. In the afternoon, maybe after lunch, I'll head down to Funan to get a 500 or 620 GB External Hardisk Drive. It's going to be stationed at home, so I wouldn't other gtting one with all the less important high-tech data protection features. If time permits in the evening, might be going to get a new pair of sandals as well.


That's all for the week, and next week, I'm only looking forward to Wednesday and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment