Saturday, July 03, 2010

Day 6-A Little Reunion

"Today, I went to Clarke Quay for a small, last minute reunion with 5 of my friends from Primary School. It's been sometime since we last met, but at least, some of us were able to make it this time round. Learnt lots of army stuff from the guys who enlisted earlier this year, and it sure helps to get me prepared for the next 2 years in life.

Though the 6 of us met for solely for dinner, the time spent together was worth it, though it was 2 hours. Just seeing one another, brings back lots of memories." Today, while spending time out with Yong Jie, Bryan(took me a few days to realise 'Lau lau' meant Bryan.), Ryan Ng, Andy and Nicole, helped me recall I had forgotten for 8 years, that I had once said my ambition after leaving primary school was to enter the Chinese High School(now known as Hwa Chong Instituition). I could only remember we had a Primary 5 camp at the hostel of the Chinese High School, but I could only remember faintly that we had a small sharing session one night, with us sitting in a circle. And I thought in Primary 6, after receiving my results, feeling glad I had never once dreamt, nor aspired to enter an elite school in the country(a thought which I lived by for the past 8 years).

After dinner, Nicole went off, while Bryan, Yong Jie, Ryan Ng and I walked around, had a small preview of the National Day Parade's fireworks, and went for some drinks at Boat Quay. I realised I shouldn't drink, for it makes my mind go into a state of overdrive, thinking lots of thoughts that contain the words " what if", which would only make me worry more about unnecessary stuff, which would make me sleepy.

Wanting for a conversation, yet knowing I have to make the first move. However, my feelings tell me to wait a little longer, so that I would be able to carry things well when the time comes. Since they've been right twice already, regardless of whether the outcome was going to be good or bad, I shall trust my feelings once again. Patience had always been the key to miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment