It's been a month since I last posted something up here ya? Alright, today I'll continue from where I had left off then. Going to be one extremely long post, so take your time to read it though.
Anyways, let's just skip to Saturday, 22nd November when I brougt Sean and wm back to school. Somehow, the three of us managed to ake the same train to Lakeside MRT Station that morning. Met Darren and the others at the MRT station, before I actually met the two of them. So, we walked as usual to school, before taking a tour. Went straight to Qi Long to bring him a message from Andy, before going to take a look at the Drama Club at the auditorium, followed by the St John booth to take a look. Seems like there were quite a number of new members this yar, though I did not enter, for I did not really know the new officers who were appointed to the school this year.
Next, met Meng Yan and another friend before we walked around behind her. Throughout, Sean and wm were intrigued by the new building and were jealous of the facilities(they were from a reputable school you see). The school seems to have grown,with the new canteen, equipment, furniture and hall. One thing that caught my attention was, how did the school suddenly become so wealthy in just 1 year? Maybe, perhaps they were cutting back on funds back in the old building so that they can spend more on the new building. The library now has bean bags and touch screen computers, there is even a Problem Based Learn room equiped with a new projector which uses cutting-edge technology. Met almost all the teachers who taught me over the past 4 years, and I guess some were surprised to see why two strangers were with me as well? Went for lunch at the coffee shop, before we heaed to Funan to get the flight simulator game, before walking a couple of kilometers to Sim Lim to get Sean's joystick. They took the train home after that, while I walked to the esplanade to take the bus home. It's worth the effort, as I have a wider choice of seats and also have more time to sleep on the way home.
And that's all for the month of November. I dont' really have much to comment about that month, for it was very smooth, except that I had problems with Economics and Communication Toolkit. Other than those, everything else was just fine.
Now, let's head on to December. On Tuesday, the 2nd of Dcember, I was almost too afraid to do welding at first. However, after the demonstration, everyting started to become fun and easy. Maybe that's what most might feel on their first attempt. That, sure was a nice start for the last month of the year.
Later that Friday, I did badly for te first Engineering Drawing test. I made a couple of errors on the second question, denying me of a chance to complete the whole paper. I'm expecting a borderline pass for that paper, but I'm just going to let the grades go just this once. I'm going to working at double or even triple the pace just to recover from that fall.
The next day, on the 6th of December, Jon, wm and I went for Changi Airport's Terminal 2 for lunch at Popeye's. The portions were way larger than KFC's, but was it worth paying the price. As we could not find a suitable spot to study, we decided to make our way to the national Library branch at Bedok to study instead. We had planned a couple of days ago to study economics together, to clear our doubts and questions, for Jon's and my test was going to be held just 3 days later on Tuesday morning. I managed to cover every single chapter during the 4 hours we spent there, thanks to Sean's notes. We went to Burger King for sundaes, before going to the hawker centre to buy food and then, head home. I decided to take the bus once again, for it's cheaper and I can sleep peacefully on the way home again. Shortly after I entered City Link at City Hall MRT Station, I met Sean and Cherie, by coincidence. The moment Sean saw me, he took no time tryig to explain and prove that it was not because of cherie that my first call could not get through once again. Of course, although I bought his reason, but afterall she was also with him, so perhaps that made it even more difficult for him to pick up my call. I reached home at 8.50pm, just in time for the first episode of the animated Star Wars series.
On Monday, I went to King Albert Park to study with the usual group; Jun Jie, Jian Hui, Janna, Amada, Jenere, Billy, Zhi Jie, An Yan, Swenson. We stayed there till 6.30, before Jian Hui, Janna, Jenere, Zhi Jie and I went fo dinner at the hawker centre narby. I went home at 7.
Tuesday was the first day of the common test. In the morning, there was Economics. It was pretty do-able, and the MCQ questions were really easy. I must say, that the reason behind why I would not be getting an A grade is simply due to the fact that I did not put in enough effort during the revision. I'm expecting a C grade for that paper. I went home for lunch before going back to school in the afternoon for the Engineering Mathmatics 2 paper. Not to offend anyone, but, this was the only paper that i did no revision at all, for I was ready for the test about a couple of weeks before the day the paper was due to be held. I'm expecting an A+ grade for the paper.
There was a few days' break before the last paper(also the toughest for the term) was to be held.On Wednesday and Thursday, I spent a total of 18 hours revising and memorising chapters 3 and 4 of the syllabus. On Thursday, maybe not knowing that the others were meeting up to study was a good thing, for I would have wasted 4 valuable hours of my time on travelling alone, but still, meeting up with friends was way better than shutting oneself from the rest of the world, tryig to get information into the mind. Currently, 18 hours is nowhere near my 48 hours of memorising and revision, made last year during the O Level period, while studying for Physics papers 1 and 2.
On Friday, practically, I did not open my notes nor did I went through the slides. I spent the whole day relaxing. In the evening, I met the comittee of the Mechanical Engineering Society(I guess?) and went for a Christmas concert at the esplanade concert hall by the SSO. Really enjoyed it thoroughly, especially toward the end where there was a sing-along session. AND, I REALLY SANG. Guess I built-up too much stress over the past two days.
After the concert, joined them at a restaurant that sells only chocolate related food and beverages for a short moment before I took the bus home. This bus ride was going to be one that I might remember for quite some time. On the way back home on the bus, spotted a group of three girls(I'm usually not the type of person who is so free to do such stuff). Every 3 to 5 minutes, I took glances. However, after a while, I found myself looking at them momentarily, until it became so obvious they, too turned to look at me, and soon, we were staring at one another. That's when I got afraid that I might have done something wrong and stopped. Frankly, that was the first time I did something like that. It only ended when they alighted from the bus, and it felt as though time flowed normally again. That 20 minutes sure felt like an hour.
Anyway, now, it's on to yesterday, and it's Saturday! The moment I arrived in school at 8.30am, everyone was getting ready to leave for the examination room at block 50. The paper was easy, if one had studied the chapters thoroughly. That, was a paper where, if you studied, you would not only pass, but have a high chance of doing well for the paper, and if you had not studied for the paper, you might fail, or if you were lucky, you would pass decently. I'm confident of at least an A grade for this paper.
After the paper, we went to Vivocity, for lunch and to watch a movie. Once there, Janna was just too excited when she saw that Twilight was showing in Singapore at last, and it was 5 days earlier than the actual release date. What's more, we only had to pay 8 dollars for each ticket as Amanda had the Safra card. Sadly, Jenere could not join us as the movie was at 4pm. So, we, Janna, Amanda, Jian Hui, Jun Jie, Wei Yong, Kenzi and I wet to Carle's Jr for lunch. It was only 1pm, so we had 3 hours before the movie started. At 2pm, we went walking around. Around 2.0pm, I found out that there would be more joining us later on. Janna had called Chengwen and Chengyun to join us for the movie, while Jun ie and Jian Hui asked their friends to join us as well.
We accompanied Jenere to the bus stop, before going with Jian Hui to withdraw money(and we got a shock), before going to the cinema box office to wait for the others to arrive at 3.30pm. At 4pm, we were ready to enter.
At 4.15pm, the movie started, but during the first part of it, the graphics were not very good, but after the scene, everything seemed to be in place. I must say, that the movie was definitely worth watching. 2 hours, lots of action, especially in the second part of the movie. Now, I'm thinking if I should watch it again, and I'm also considering of reading the books in the series. Janna! You have influenced me as well...
Alright then, that's all for today's post. Not sure if this 3 week break is going to be boring or exciting though, as it has only just began.I'm skipping CCA tomorrow as I'm having flu and can't do very much physical activity as yet, but should have no problem doing so on Thursday. Jun Jie is also planning a roller blading trip which I'm so looking forward to, and I guess I better prepare some plasters as well for that day. So far, at least 5 people I know are already on holiday, and soon, more would follow. If you're one of them, enjoy your trip!!!
Oh, and before I end the post, expect a mass blog makeover tomorrow, for it's that time of the year where I change my blogskin and make some major changes once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment