Saturday, April 18, 2009

42 Hours

So far, I have went on for 42 hours, of which sleep contributed 5 hours. The rest of the time was spent on travel and activity. Friday morning, woke up at 5.50am, prepared for two consecutive days of barbeque, before setting ut at 7.40am. Met up with Joel and Joey at 9, before we went to get the stuff for the barbeque. Joel went back to school to collect our airport tax before heading over to Joey's place at 1.30pm. Gerald arrived at 12.30pm. At 4.30pm, we set off to our barbeque destination near Dhoby Ghaut. In all, there were 14 of us; Joey, Joel, Gerald, Koon Teck and his girlfriend, Tricia, Yi Ting, Denise, Emily, Ms Yeo, Germaise, Violet and I. Not as many people we had forecasted were present, and we were left with lots of uncooked and leftover food. The night went on with Joel, Joey, Gerald, Koon Teck, Ronney, Germaise, Fiona and I. Played some games, before heading over to a nearby place at 2am for beancurd. True enough, during that night, I could really feel that I had heightened alertness after midnight. Once we returned, we slept till morning, with breakfast served haflway through. I slept only 5 hours.

Crashed an event as volunteers at Scape Youth Park with Gerald as we had nothing better to do. We left later on as I had to get to Bedok to meet up with Jian Hui, Jun Jie, Hamzi, Jenere and Amanda at 5pm. Took 401to East Coast Park, endured a 4.5 kilometer hike to the pit where Izzat and his friends were at, before we were joined by Wei Yong and Yin Feng. Ate, watched planes(managed to catch the landing of an A380) and stars and chatted before we left for home at 9pm.

Right now, I'm faced with lots of uncertainties of whether I did the right thing by taking up an additional responsibility, for holding two posts in two CCAs is really something that requires lots of commitment, and yet I currently have got myself 5 CCAs, of which 3 require my regular commitment. It's too late to say that I do not have what it takes to hold the positions and simply step down. Perhaps I should just do all I can for the first 6 months, and see how it goes before I decide on what to do next. It's not even the first day of the new school year, and I'm already feeling the strings tightening themselves with every second, something I felt only during the closing weeks of the previous semester.

It's too late ok?! It's too late! What you have done during those times, you have to face the results yourself. Well, of course, if you wanted another chance, let's just hope that your lucky star is shining its brightest on your lucky night. Even chances like that day don't come often...

No comments:

Post a Comment