Thursday, April 16, 2009

NJC-NP Joint Comminuty Service Project to Dumaguete City, Philippines-Part 7

Today was relatively slacked, and it's the first and only day I will feel that way. Monday's the start of school, and tomorrow, I'll be on a 36-hour rampage without sleep, away from home. Ok, here's the last part of the trip, and it's the perfect timing to post something short, for I have to get some sleep to prepare for the very very long day ahead. The night before was the first time I stayed up all night without sleep in a foreign land.

Soon, it was time to leave. We said our last goodbye to the centre, and unwillingly boarded the vehicles that would take us back to the ferry terminal. Everyone took the ferry together to Cebu, where we parted with Mr Chan and Mr Saceda. Compared to leaving the children, that moment was the hardest moment during our trip. We had already felt like a family, and left almost as soon as we came. Hazel, one of our hosts during the trip, would accompany us to the airport, but she was taking the bus which carried our bags. I was touched by her generosity. Even if it were me, I would not want to travel eight hours back and forth from the centre to the airport and back, of course, unless I was the one driving the bus. As we drove off, I felt lighter. I had left another half of my heart back in Dumaguete. The journey home was quiet, and everyone, unlike the journey on the first day where everyone was active and alive. At the airport, we said a final goodbye to Hazel, before moving into the departure hall. There, we were greeted with another surprise. We had to pay 550 pesos per passenger as airport tax!

Sadly, we were not seated close to one another on the return flight, and thus, the flight back was slow and steady. I managed to catch some sleep on board the plane before we touched down on home ground. After clearing the immigration, I found myself adapting back to my old, fast-paced lifestyle.

Alright, please don't expect any new posts tomorrow or on Saturday, as there is the possibility I would be away from an internet source during that time. Sunday I'll be doing a small update, with a short post, but don't expect the photos to be up so soon as well(over a thousand to upload), as I'm still trying to figure whether to upload all, or just select a few. So long then. Next few updates on the trip would be photos taken during the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment