Sunday, April 26, 2009

Taking Off Into The Second Year

A couple more seconds to midnight, and I'll be taking off into the second year of study at NP. The first year was filled with many challenges, surprises and memories.Aced every single test in the first semester, but crumbled in the second. Joined a total of 4 CCAs, 3 in the first semester, and one in the second. Went for the first TDP activity, also the first overseas trip in NP.

This year, it's going to get tougher. Tomorrow's my self-declared first day of school, where all lessons are in full swing. I'll start attending CCA meetings from tomorrow onwards, but there would be the problem of which CCA to attend on which day, as I have 2 CCAs being held on the same day, and that's going to be a little problem.

Today, did not really clean up the room again. Went out in the morning with my mother to get the notes binded and in the afternoon, went to look for a DSLR with my father. Everything, from research, sourcing for the best deal, travelling and finally getting the camera, took 5 hours. Went to West Mall at 12 to determine our targets, and came up with the D70, D90(way over budget), 500D(over budget) and 1000D. Went home, had lunch, did some research on EBAY. Finally scaled down to the 1000D and we went to SLS. The deal was really attractive! However, the price was still above the budget by a small margin of 99 bucks. After making several considerations on the spot for over an hour, the salesperson decided to throw in a couple more stuff, and we decided to make the purchase as well. So on Tuesday, I would be bringing the 1000D to class. We've come down to this, as during the last three weeks of lessons, my brother would be in China on a study trip, and I would be left without a camera for class. Thus, to cut a long story short, we decided to do what we did today.

The first semester of the second year seems to be well planned out, except for one main problem. Prioritization of time. Lots of revision and studying accompanied by 2 days of CCA a week. And once a month, I would have 3 CCAs in one week alone. Every Alternate Tuesday starting this Tuesday, there would be foreign language classes. Twenty evenings a month minus nine CCA evenings a month equals eleven evenings of proper study time a month(excluding weekends and public holidays). That's half of the evenings in a month to do some serious studying. Each evening I'll spend two to three hours on revision. No worries about tutorials, for they are usually completed before the tutorial session ends in school. Mathematics practices and tutorials are done on Saturday afternoons.

Starting this week, things would start getting ugly. CCAs and study don't mix. Having these two present in a reaction with time would only equate to an explosion plus stress plus altitude loss. I barely survived the previous semester with a GPA of 3.52. This semester, I'll have to time things so that I'll have an equal balance of up time and down time. AND, I have to push the blog updates further back to this weekend(long weekend, easier to get more things done). This coming Sunday, I really want to clean up the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment