Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beyond Dhoby Ghaut

Today was the first time I took the North East Line beyond Dhoby Ghaut Station. The journey from home took close to an hour. Inclusive of waiting time, 15 minutes to Clementi MRT Station, 15minutes to Outram Park MRT Station and 13minutes to Boon Keng MRT Station via the North East Line. Once there, it was an additional 10 minute walk to the Luzerne to collect the gift pack which came with the desktop. It was about 5 when we were done. We carried on to Hougang, another 11 minutes' journey by train from Boon Keng. I had wanted to carry on to Sengkang to explore the area if we had time, but it was 6pm by the time we were done at Hougang to get my brother's books and stationery. Took 74 back to King Albert Park(KAP) before transfering to 77 back home. Total time spent on return journey: 105minutes.

While at Hougang Plaza, there wasn't much difference in the shops and all, but the place was not crowded with people unlike Jurong Point, even though the shopping centre was small in size. Another thing which I tested was my 'so-called' theory. After today, I guess it might be true, or I might have been extremely slow to notice it(if has already been proven by others whose eyes are sharper than mine).

Not a very bad day today, though I did not manage to explore much of Sengkang and try out the Circle Line today, there's bound to be other chances to do so in the future. Perhaps once I get my license, I might want to go for a spin around the Eastern parts of the country to explore a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment