Rushed home, accessed the internet to see what events there were for the Asian Youth Games, before leaving for school again, forgetting to turn the computer off.
CCA was still alright, except that, I seriously doubt my readiness to participate in the PA competition next Saturday. At the moment, I am definitely not ready. Even the instructors think so through their comments. Perhaps, I'll give it one last shot next Monday during training, and decide if I really want to take part, or wait till the next competition in March next year. While I noticed the seriousness of only training on Mondays, I'm losing out in many things as well. I have too many commitments that I hardly have time to study. Perhaps, the time to really sit down and decide what to keep and what not to keep, is drawing closer with every passing day.
That aside, I realised that after I recovered from a virus which made me run a fever and flu(don't worry, it's the seasonal flu), my stamina has been decreasing slowly. I go on my usual evening run every weekend, but I noticed, each time I went for the run, the distance I could cover without walking was decreasing. Come Saturday, I'll start from scratch again, with the 3km route, slowly increasing it to 4km, 6km, 9km and finally, 14km. There's about less than 6 months before the 42km marathon in December. Good thing I have the usual trainings on Monday, free time on Tuesdays and Saturdays to prepare for it. I have decided. Once I enter my final year, I'll commit to only 2 CCAs(the first and last I ever joined). I have thoughts of joining Badminton in the second semester of the final year, but I'll put that aside till we're closer to that period of time.
Once we enter the weekends, It's time to get down to business to make that final 7-week sprint for the FINAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment