Friday, June 12, 2009

Common Test June'09

This week has been one of the most physcially and mentally challenging week of the semester. 5 papers spread over 4 days, lots of last minute work, accompanied with other stuff that I could have totally ignored.

Monday was AM, and this was one of 3 papers that was purely last minute effort. 100% do-able, would get at least a B grade.

Tuesday morning, was purely suicide. I entered the hall with only 3 hours spent on revision the night before. If I could even pass, it would be a miracle. The afternoon, was more like a stress-reliver for me. Unlike the morning IAM paper, the EM3B paper was a breeze. I finished it in a record time of 50 minutes(the fastest of all my papers for common test this semester). Definitely an A+ grade.

Wednesday, I went in with lots of mixed feelings. TH was the only paper which I did not drink any coffee 30 minutes before entering the examination venue. 30minutes is the time taken for the coffee to take effect. This was the third paper which I did some last minute revision. I did the paper as with little difficulty, but came out with lots and lots of different answers from my friends. A definite pass, but the grade I'll be getting for it would not look good. Went out for a run while getting some fresh air, and helping a friend think of a solution to her problems at the same time that evening. Met Xing Dan on the way, and she showed me a new route that was more challenging than my current route. Would be trying that out tomorrow evening if there is time.

Thursday. Nothing happened, except for a revision class for IA, which cleared up lots of my doubts.

Today. Woke up full of energy at 10, but within an hour, the brightness of the day faded away. I became extremely moody after that. At 12pm, I left for school. Studied for 2 hours before going to the classroom for the IA common test. I'm confident of a B+ grade, but if the marking scheme is lenient for question 3, I would not have much of a problem scoring an A. After the paper ended, went to the market with friends, and went to the Alumni Club House for an urgent meeting which went really well, and I enjoyed the dinner.

Estimated grade tally: 1A, 2Bs, 1C, 1F.

All right then, that's all for today. I doubt many things would be happening over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment