Today was a great start to the new semester. I barely managed to wake at 6.15am this morning, and that was something I could not achieve during the holidays. Well, just have to make sure that I can wake at that time again tomorrow. I left for school at 6.45am, the same time I left for school during PAE. The bus was not as crowded as expected, and I arrived at 7.20am.
There was only 1 lesson today, a perfect start to the new school semester. The lesson started at 8am. Today's module was about technical drawing and Computer Aided Design(CAD). Pretty interesting module, but the lecturer was strict. Anyways, I had to quickly recall the drawing skills I picked up in secondary 1 and 2 to help me complete the drawings in time, although the lecturer has explained the standard way to do it. It has been more than 3 years since I last touched the isometric paper used in technical or engineering drawing! Well, I managed to finish it in time, but the same problem I had during those days surfaced again; I forgot to complete the minor details and my drawing of arcs and circles is still very bad. It was 10.50am when the class ended, and we were dismissed for the day. Didn't really do much other than drawing, which is quite a good start for a new term, and it really helped me recover from the holiday mood.
After that, as it was raining heavily, some of us went to have lunch before heading home. The moment I reached home, I fell asleep and, something really bad happened. Remember that I had to meet up with a few friends today? Yes, I woke up 5 minutes before the speculated meeting time at 3.25pm! I had only 5 minutes to get ready and head down to Orchard MRT station! Damn! I was in such a hurry that I kept messaging the wrong person till she thought that I missed her so much(quote from Jon "Oh my tian")! It took me some time to get myself at least half awake and left the house at 3.30pm. I reached there 45 minutes later at 4.15pm. Sean and Cherie arrived soon after that, and my "big sis" Weiwen arrived at 4.45pm. We stalked her for 2 minutes before she took out her phone and called me(good thing my phone was still on silent mode) and found out we were behind her the whole time. We went to search for a birthday present, but after an hour of searching, we gave up. Weiwen went to Far East to search for something, while Sean and Cherie, with me, went to Subway for dinner. There, we discussed about the up-coming gathering, and something that I least expected happened (and I did something no one close to me would think me capable of doing). not going to go on about that, and so far, we have planned very little for the gathering. Hope it will be a successful one after so many failures.
Preview for tomorrow's post coming right up. 4 hours of practical tomorrow, followed by 2 hours of break(wonder where we're going for lunch this time) and finally, 3 hours of Economics. Had been looking forward to the day I can learn Economics either as a subject or a module since PAE ended, and finally tomorrow's the day it's happening! I can't wait! Let's no get too high and lose myself for now, otherwise I won't have a nice post up here.
No comments:
Post a Comment