Thursday, October 30, 2008

Second Training Session

As expected, bad things did happen, but I don't think I'll be describing it here, for there are too many long stories to tell, but I might consider telling you if you asked. As expected, today there were three main things that happened as well, the project discussion, the 2 hour lesson and CCA.

The lesson was fun today, especially for the last part of the lesson where we had to come up with a paragraph within 20 minutes. The question itself was enough to kill to shy people like me. However, there was no time to be conservative, so I just wrote down what came to mind. In case you're dying to know, the title for the day was: How to Win a Guy's/ Girl's Heart in Ten Days. Here's the paragraph that I wrote(this passage might be different as we had submitted the original and I don't usually make efforts to remember my works by heart unless it's necessary):

Winning a girl's heart is something that is easier said than done. However, with the right mindset, it can be done. Firstly, one must be sincere to a girl all the time. One good way would be to prepare a five course meal for her, with each dish being one of her favourite food. You might take time off everyday just to do the things she likes with her, and while at it, have conversations to get to know her better. Over the weekend, make a visit to her family's place. You might want to help prepare the meals and do the dishes, as well as get to know her family members, or better, know them from the inside out. On the last day, take her to a place where it is peaceful and quiet and tell her your true feelings.

Although the lecturer said that I was an "expert", I don't think I could really agree with that. Even my teammates who have little experience of that are already attached, while I'm still single. The furthest I got in all my previous relationships were to confess my feelings. Further than that, you could say that I'm a green. That, was the best part of today.

As for taekwondo training today, managed to train my techniques a little, although I could feel the injury from last Monday returning again. Just hope that the pain would not be as intense as what felt last week, for I have a wedding dinner to attend on Sunday.

Oh, yes. Tonight, there would be hourly updates from 12 midnight all the way till 3 or 4am in the morning, so stay tuned!!! Exactly what's going on, well, you'll just have to wait and see.


Hey there.. right now it's 1am on a Friday morning, and it's te second time this week that I'm doing some revision at this time. So far, some of us are already online to do the assignments for the BCE, which is the main reason why we're all online so early this Friday morning. BCE is short for Business Continuity Exercise, which was put in action some years back due to the SARS crisis, so that students are able to continue to study wihtout any disruption from home. So, today, we're simulating something like that, without the health threat of course, so that we'll be ready fo something similar in future(hope that day does not come, though it's great to study from home with lots of freedom). Right now, I'm just getting started, not so sure about the others though, but they would be online soon I guess?

Alrighty. It's already 2am, and finally 4 of us, Jian Hui, Jenere, Jun Jie and I have just started skyping. I had just finished the EG2 assignment for BCE. The rest are also making good progress on the BCE assignment. As for our module for Engineering Drawing and Computer Aided Design, there has been some problems with the submission site for our assignment, but maybe that would be up in the morning at 9am? The asignment for Engineering Materials was completed on Wednesday, so all we have to do is to submit it in the morning at 9am. So, anyway, see you again at 3am, where I will go on to do the 2 exercises for this module.

It's finally 3am! One more hour and I might lose my concentration anytime for late night mugging. jenere left at 2.28am, after he found out that he forgot to borrow the license for his AutoCAD program. Right now, we're just about to commence on our AutoCAD drawing. There are two parts to the assignment, so, we're expecting it to take quite a while before we're done with it. Just moments ago, Janna joined us for just 5 minutes. WOW. She made a ghostly entrance with her sleepy voice when she came online at 2.45am, and at 2.50am, she left to continue sleeping for the rest of the night. Anyway, I'm back to start on my drawing, so see you later at 4am, by which our assignments should have been completed.

We're finally at 4am, and my drive for the 4 hour night mugging window. I had just finished both sections of the Computer Aided Design assignment for the BCE. I was expecting to complete it at 5am later, but somehow I managed to complete it quickly. So, with all assignments completed, there is only the submission left to be done, and that would be accomplished at 1pm later in the afternoon. After that, I would be spending he remaining time on relaxation as well as revision to reduce my study load for Saturday morning.

So, as for later today, guess there is not very much to talk about, other than the German lesson, and my muscles that ache so much, I might look like a crab when I walk around as Godwin puts it in one of his blog posts sometime last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment