Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to the Drawing Board

Today it was back to the drawing board again, and I reverted to using the "old fashioned" way of studying during lectures. Yes, note taking. It's very rare in schools such as polytechnic, but, that method sure is more effective than just to lug a large booklet to school and end up falling asleep after flipping a couple of pages after a lecture has started. It ensures that one does not end up sleeping at any time during the lecture, and it also enables the mind to remember information more effectively than just by listening alone. Let's say that, you threw a short glance at a particular page on your very own fresh set of notes taken during the previous lecture. Immediately, subconsciously, you would remember almost everything that was taught during the time at which you wrote the first and last word on that page of the notes. That, was exactly what happened during the first lecture of the day at 9am. We had a 2 hour long Engineering Materials lecture, and in less than 30 minutes into the lecture, many people were already asleep, which was quite expected as there was nothing to help them absorb the knowledge.

After that, we went for lunch, while some went to the library to print the first set of notes. It's so that we could prevent a situation like what happened earlier in the morning. After that was our Engineering Math Lecture from 12pm to 1pm, and it was a great time to relax, and help friends who were weaker at the same time. After that, we had tutorials from 1pm to 4pm, for 2 different modules. At 4pm, we were free to go.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a busy day again, projects, class, and CCA. I have 2 CCAs clashing with one another tomorrow evening, Taekwondo and Toastmasters. Obviously I would go for the Toastmasters meeting, as it's held only once a month, and it's held together with the staff meeting. On the other hand, I would also have to go for the Taekwondo training, but since I still can't fully use my right leg after Monday's intensive training, I guess I would have to give tomorrow's training a miss, even if there was no Toastmasters meeting. Still, I have to show myself before the training starts to submit the forms and settle the administrative stuff, and explain my absence from tomorrow's training before going for the Toastmasters meeting.

Oh, and I think I have told almost everyone closest to me already(except for one, for I'm not sure if the piece of news would make him feel worse, and, by the way, no offence meant. if I missed you out, I'm so sorry), so, I guess I would announce it tonight? This would be the very first time I would be receiving such an award since I started schooling 10 years ago. Normally, I would only top the class in a subject or two, but this time, things have gotten a little different. No one, not even myself, knew that I would eventually making it to that position, for during the past semester, I never really did my studying and revision seriously. I actually topped the LEVEL. That's my first step to the gold medal! YEAH! From the next week on, I will not be as relaxed as I was during the past semester and during these two wees of school. Got to focus more on friends, play time, CCAs and study.

Do hope you've gotten better after yesterday, although I have got no idea what made you feel so down. Wished I could share it with you, even if it was just for 5 minutes over the phone. I look forward to seeing the brighter, cheerful and lively YOU when we meet again next week, and lunch shall be my TREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment