Monday, October 27, 2008

After a 5 Month Hiatus

Today we all met up again, after five months. Pathetic ain't it? Well, can't do much about it as the polytechnic and jc academic calendars are arranged in such a way that it's nearly impossible to organise gatherings on weekdays during the school term, especially if it's during the second semester.

I had to rush to a couple of places before going to the place we were supposed to meet. Stepped out of home at 11am to take the bus to the Esplanade. It was sort of a good thing when Weiwen messaged me that she could not get the group gift for Joycelyn's birthday, for I was just a bus stop away from the shopping centre that she had planned to go to get the gift from. So, I got down, and walked all the way to Far East Plaza, walked around the whole shopping centre once, called her 5 to 6 times before she picked up the phone, only to tell me that the stall was in the basement when I was about to leave for the bus stop. So, went back in, and finally, I found the stall. Close call. Got the present, and left in a hurry for the Esplanade. Time check, 12.15pm. Wow. I spent 15 minutes just to get a gift. So, I walked to the bus stop, and took a bus to the Esplanade. It was 12.50 when I reached Raffle's City, and walked to the Esplanade to get a box of chocolates as a personal gift. I reached the shop at 1.00pm, and since I did not have the time to choose the flavours as I only had 15 minutes left, I decided to make do with the pre-packed one first(sorry if the flavours were not to your liking), and come back another time to select the chocolates for her when we meet again. 1.05pm, I boarded the same bus I took to Raffle's City earlier, back to Orchard MRT Station. 1.13pm, I reached the meeting place. I could finally take a breather.

There were only 7 of us today, Sean, Cherie, Limther, Fiona, Weiwen, Joycelyn, and of course, me. Like Sean said, she wasn't as tanned as how she looked in her blog(hope the chocolates won't worsen her condition).We went for Pepper Lunch at Taka 1.50pm and left at 3pm, as Weiwen and Joycelyn both had to leave early. So while the other two couples went on with their dates, I went home, sadly, but true. I walked all the way to Raffle's City again, just to take the bus back home and enjoy sleeping in the nice weather on the way back home. Although it was only a partial success this time round, at least, I know that the next gathering, there will not only be more people who would be able to make it, but also more things to do as there would be more people present.

Tomorrow's back to school for practicals again, economics lesson, and back home to sleep and mug(yes, I did type "mug"). It's rare for a student in a polytechnic to mug, but, still I have to, or I won't get my 4.0, which I failed to get the previous semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment