The first week of school this year was the most chaotic week since I first stepped into a polytechnic. In the first 5 days alone, lots of things happened. First was the common test results. On Monday, the first shock came. 62 for the Engineering Drawing test. Actually, I could say that I did well for the paper, as I have never gotten more than 60 marks for drawing after secondary 1. On Tuesday, I did up to my expecatations for the Economics paper, at 61.5. I was expecting something worse, like 55 out of a total 100 marks. Really could have done better if I had not misread the last question and scored there. Wednesday was the best day of the week, seeing me getting As all the way for the Engineering Materials test and Engineering Mathematics 2.
Here's the summary for all the commom tests in the last term:
Engineering Drawing 62/100
Economics 61.5/100
Engineering Materials 88/100 (my favourite grade)
Engineering Mathematics 91/100
(could have done better, for I lost a total of 9 marks due to carelessness. Damn)
Next up, we have got projects. Note the 's'. This time, I have got 5 projects due in just 4 weeks time. And the best part of it is that, I have not started on a single one! I'm going to be so dead, but anyway, there's still time to change the results of that. First up, we got the very first project presentation that was held on Thursday. That, was purely 100% last minute effort. So all I could say is that, we deserved the C grade. The presentation on that day was a total disaster. I won't elaborate more on that, but I will definitely come back with at least a decent B+ grade, or if better, an AD grade at the end of the semester for the module, Individual And the Community.
The second project would be the Engineering Drawing project that has been going on for some time now, it's still going well, and I'll definitely contribute more the next time we meet up to do our drawing.
The third, is my Economics assignment, which is the only one that requires me to do alone. I have yet to even look at the question for the assignment, which I plan to start on tomorrow afternoon, and complete by Sunday if it's possible.
The fourth, is the first and last official group presentation for the module, Communication Toolkit. Somhow, I have been made the leader of the group when the lecturer wanted a change of leaders. Guess now I have the chance to make a difference for our group, to help all of us get at least an 'A' grade. I still want my 4.0, even if it might seem an impossibility this semester.
The 5th, is the Engineering Materials presentation on an automobile part. We plan to present on the exhaust pipe of a car. I'm still not sure how we're going to do our research and presentation as yet, but I'm sure over the next couple of days, something will come to mind.
Next, on to number 6. There's going to be a 2 minute impromtu speech next week, and I'm hoping that it would not eat into 3pm, for that's the time when I'm helping out at the School of Engineering section at the Convention Centre for the Joint Admissions Exercise. I'm confident of doing well for the speech, and I'm aiming for at least a B grade. Just have to have a good attention getter, interesting points and other stuff to craft out a nice speech that would interest everyone.
Finally, last but not the least, project number 7. This project just came in today. I have to come up with an historical event in Germany, and present it to the class. Actually, for the module, it's not the project that is making me afraid. In fact, it's the class size that's making me afraid. Well, you see, there is a small number of us taking the German language module in the polytechnic, and if the class size falls to below 10, we will not be able to take the module at a higher level in the next semester.
Well then, that's all for the week, and the coming week is going to be worse than this week, for each day, I will be going home very late in the afternoon, or even late in the evening. But I am sure that it's going to be one of the busiest days of the final weeks of the first year, of which I'm starting to gradually lose the confidence of getting a Grade Point Average of 4.0 out of the maximum 4 points for the semester. Oh, and I'm updating the Links List again soon, if I have the time for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment