Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy 'Niu' Year

Hey! It's that time of the year once again! How time flies. Here's wishing all young and old,whether Chinese or not, A Happy 'Niu' (New) Year! It's 'niu' (cow in English translation) as, in Chinese, it sounds similar to the word 'new' in English.

This year's new year celebrations so far, we, quite the tradition as well, though there are only a few differences compared to last year's. Last night, I was on the computer all the way till 4am in the morning, rushing though 2 projects that were due this coming Thursday and Friday. After that, I slept till 9am, before having a vegetarian breakfast, went to the temples to pray, came home for an hour before going off to catch the movie, Red Cliff 2 with my cousins at Lido.

Heard that the movie was better in terms of action compared to the previous one, as I had not watched the first part. The only sad thing was, I was able to predict what would happen next, for I had already read the comic version of the story. It occured that, in life, one of the things that makes life interesting is not-knowing what would happen next, and the anxiousness one feels while waiting to find out what would happen next, that makes that wait worthwhile. Oh, yes, and here's one quote that I found rather cool,"where there's faith, there's hope". The scenes were almost about the standard of movies rated NC16, which might attract an even larger audience given its PG rating.

After that, at 7pm, we left to visit relatives till 10pm, having dinner at Holland Village before heading home.Oh, and my uncle, aunt and cousins got me a watch as reward for my performance in the first semester, and not just that. It's the watch that I had wanted to save up for last year! Thanks lots!! Well, they also adviced me to join the Adventure Seekers, a CCA which I had been considering of joining till my parents asked me to join the Taekwondo Club. I had heard lots about the club, and had been thinking of joining, except that, right now, I'm just confused.

Tomorrow, it's going to be another long day, though it's going to be worse. We might be staying at home most of the day tomorrow, but I have to get 2 projects completed in time for the final presentation stage by Thursday and Friday respectively. I'm really starting to hate January, although it has the best public holidays of the year. Finally, if you would like to help me in my project and would not mind to spare me just 5 minutes of your time, kindly help me complete this short survey. This survey is about the stress students face at the Secondary, Pre-U and tertiary levels.Your help is greatly appreciated.Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment