*Before I begin, some parts of the post might not be allowed to be posted in here(I'm not sure if everything I have posted here is allowed), so, if there is a certain segment of the post which you might not wish to be included in here, please do leave a tag. Thank you.*
Today, for the first time this term, things seemed to be coming back onto the right track, at least academically. CCA wise, I'm still on the downside.
Today was the day for interdisciplinary Studies modules, and I'm still taking up the modules Individual And the Community and Communication Toolkit. Our survey questions and interview questions were great, meaning that for now, we're on step closer to the coverted 'A' grade for the module, thus, the need to carry on at the current pace.
As for Communication Toolkit, things were getting better, as I got damn close to the targeted 'A' grade. I got a B+ grade instead for the 2 minute impromtu speech, which I guess I did put in some effort. I lacked the courage, as well as the proper pronunciation which has always been my weakness. I can still remember parts of the speech, though it might not be the actual or complete version of what I presented in class today:
"Well, before I begin, I would like everyone to imagine. You are on a plane, which is already in line with the runway, and is about to land. Suddenly, you feel the aircraft land on the runway. Next, you hear the steward's announcement," Ladies and Gentlemen, we have landed at Terminal 3 of Singapore Changi International Airport. Thank you for travelling with our airline and have a nice day!" Everyone, we are now in Singapore.
Well, my topic for today is on Tourism in Singapore, and I would like to inform you about the up coming tourist locations in Singapore, as well as give a brief introduction about the nightlife of Singapore.
Firstly, Singapore has many upcoming tourist locations, such as the Integrated Resort at the Marina area, which would be completed in future. The Integrated Resort would provide 10000 jobs for the people in the tourism industry, and it also houses one of the first two casinos in Singapore. Next, at Singapore's island resort, Sentosa, there are resorts and golf courses, as well as three beaches there. I'm sorry, but Australian women are not allowed to move around topless at the beaches. Next, There are also new shopping centres coming up along Orchard Road in the near future.
Moving on to my second point, I would now introuduce briefly the nightlife in Singapore. There are nightclubs mainly at Harbourfront and Clarke Quay, and once there, you would hear the frequent exclaimations of 'Cheers' among merrymen after they are served their alcoholic drinks.
Finally, in summary, I have informed everyonr about the upcoming tourism locations in Singapore, as well as given everyone a brief introduction about the nightlife in Singapore. I believe that, as long as the Singapore government could overcome obstacles like the Singapore flyer incident where visitors 'enjoyed' five and a half hours of free flight without any air conditioning, and of course, without the wheel moving at all, in future, at the rate Singapore is proressing, the tourism industry in Singapore would definitely prosper.Thank you."
For now, my current grade should be around a C grade. Just have to do well for the remaining 3 weeks for both modules, and I would be able to gain at least a decent GPA of 3.5 just for these 2.
After class today, went to the convention centre for the JAE once again, but today, it was a little boring. There were nto many people of whom I knew who were there today, though I managed to make a couple of new friends along the way. After 5.30pm, I was mentally and physically drained once again, and left for CCA, which left me even more mentally and physically drained. For now, I just hope that I would be able to wake in time for school tomorrow, which would be my fourth and final day at the convention centre for the week and the last day of JAE.
No comments:
Post a Comment