Nostalgic title? Well, tonight, the thought of fountains came to mind, so just decided to use the word. I was rather down today, for some reason, but it did not seem to affect my day at school. Reflected on many things today, but still, I was not able to regain the drive that I possessed during the first semester.
Finally, after the long break, I finally got to touch a machine again. So, we're on to the last 4 weeks of school, and I'm attached to the milling machine for the next three lessons. I thing that I enjoyed most, was the spraying of the waste metal. It was, hot, small, and looked like silver droplets of water being shot from the nozzle of a fountain. This is the most challenging practical session yet, but the way the metal was being cut makes you want to go on till the work was done, even though it gave a short, stinging pain upon landing on your skin. Wanted to take a photograph, or maybe even a video, but did not dare to, as the safety officer was strict, thus I did not dare try something like that in case I incurred a penalty of 5 marks.
Went for lunch, but drank just a can drink before going for the second last Economics lesson today at 1.20pm. I guess my stomach is still as weak as before. Well, at least I could save some cash for the holidays(got a feeling the 2 month March vacation's going to be filled with many things). I slept for the first time during the lecture today, as I had finally run out of pages to copy the slides during the final lecture, and had to use 3 pieces of fullscap paper instead(sorry, really had no choice). At 4pm, we had the third quiz on competition. I finished the quiz in 10 minutes, but spent the next 8 minutes checking it again. The final result was 75 out of 100 points. I did not really study as intensively as I did for the common test, but today's quiz was definitely easier than the common test. let's take a look at my grades for the tests so far: first quiz 80, second quiz 65, common test 61, third quiz 75. Quite a nice curve if the scores were plotted on a graph. There's going to be the final test the following week and the assignment would be due the week after that. Very soon, but somehow, I see months in between the weeks. At 4.25pm, went to meet the others before going for the Diploma Plus Programme briefing. Man, I'm so going to have a hard time trying to explain it tomorrow if there was a need to.
Tomorrow's going to be a long, but relaxed day. Engineering Materials and Engineering Mathematics 2. Class ends 4pm tomorrow, and I'll see if I have recovered enough to see how much I have improved since I started training at the start of the semester.Oh, and I have decided, I'll either go for the Diploma Plus Certificate in Advanced Engineering Mathematics or the Certificate in Economics and Financial Applications.
If it's mean to be, it will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment